Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

e-mail signature

My email signature says "sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry" and I hate it.  Anybody know how to change it or delete it?  The Verizon store doesn't know how.

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: e-mail signature

To remove this you need to logon to your carrier BIS site using the user name and password that you use for accessing Email settings icon on your device apps. After that click on Edit button right next to the mail ID who's signature you want to change. Go to signature field and delete the line.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: email signature

Hi fellow BB users & Guru's,

I am a new forum user, so please forgive any posting mistakes that I may make. I'm just trying to find a good BB resource to answer my many "BB Newbie" questions.

Here goes: I also just got a new Curve(8330) from Verizon and find the auto signature that's on there very annoying. Per this thread, I'm trying to remove it but am having no luck. 

Before I go on, I wanted to help explain and/or clarify to everyone that for a BB Newbie(like myself), what I think is meant by "logon to your carrier BIS site using the user name and password that you use for accessing Email settings icon on your device apps" in the previous post, means this: When I got my new BB yesterday at the Verizon store, when the sales rep was setting it up and activating it, he asked me to create a MASTER BIS user name and password that would be let me control my BB account settings and not to forget it. He said that it's the MASTER login and password that will control all of the other 10 e-mails that the BB can access(that we set up like Gmail, Yahoo, etc).  If I am incorrect, BB Guru's please correct me. Anyway, I login to the main BB BIS site via my BB under the "email settings" icon and then it asks for my MASTER user login.  I hope that helps to clarify, because I am finding out that the "BB World" is...a..unique ;-)

Anyway, I think that's where Tanzin said to go and that's where I'm stuck. So after I'm logged into my Master BIS account , I've logged into my Yahoo email account settings and can see the annoying "Sent from my Verizon Blackberry" signature, but I can't seem to edit it out. I've tried to backspace over it, and select it to delete it, but nothing works. There is a blue "?" next to the word Signature, and when I click on it, it says ""Some input fields are incomplete. Do you want to edit them?" "YES or NO" Selecting them doesn't do anything.

Lastly, it seems that I took too long to try to figure out how to remove this darn sig, because the BIS login kicked me out. Does it have an auto logout time or something?

Thanks for your help!

John 

Elite II

Your sales representative is right, creating user name and password from Email Setting icon can be termed as master login. This user name and password is protecting access and modification of setting of your integrated mail IDs. There is site provided by RIM to each carrier where your master user name and password is used to access and bring in necessary changes to your integrated email IDs. The tasks that can be performed by logging in to Email Settings icon of your handheld can also be performed from that particular site along with some additional tasks like, editing email signature, creating mailfilters etc.

I hope this clarifies your query. I used to have the site link of verizone but unfortunately I've lost it. Call your representative for the site address.

tanzim                                                                                  

Elite II

[ Edited ]

Here you go...click on the lik below to access your carrier BIS site.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en

User your master loing ID and password...change the mail signature as you want.

Message Edited by tanzim on 05-24-2008 02:21 AM

tanzim                                                                                  

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour

Is there an addres like that for Sprint?
"MAKE THE WORLD BLACKBERRY"