Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Z10
My Carrier: Telus

email erased from server?

I've just set up my first BBy email account.  Are copies of the emails left on the server?  I want to make sure that I also receive them in Outlook on my PC.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: email erased from server?

Hello,

It depends on which device you are asking about. Your profile lists both a 9800 and a Z10. In both cases, there is no removal from the server upon delivery to the device. But after that, they function differently.

For the 9800, there are several conditions that must be met to delete from the server when you delete on the device:

• Your server must be capable of allowing deleted item reconciliation from the device to the server:
    • KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • You must configure the device to delete from the server when you delete on the device...your choices are:
    • On Server and Handheld
    • On Handheld Only
    • Prompt
  • When you delete on the device, if you have selected Prompt, you must not select to delete from the Server. And of course you must not have set it to "Server and Handheld".

With all of that, it will do as you instruct based on how you have configured it, the capability of your server, and how you use it. Note carefully that, if your server is not capable, then the settings you configure and the way you use it will be irrelevant.

On the Z10, the device and the server are intended to be replicas of each other. What you do on one will act on the other. There is no setting to override it and allow you to delete on the Handheld only. The workaround is to move to a folder rather than delete.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................