Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

email icon

I've got two email icons on my home screen under "All" and I'm not sure why. One says "messages" and the other my name. I only recall seeing one when I first setup my phone. Also, it doesn't mark the email envelope when I've got new mail like my text messages does. It does on the very top but that's it.

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: email icon

That is normal.  The "Messages" folder contains every type of message (email, pin, registrations, browser messages, etc.)  It can also be set to show sms, mms and others.  There also will be a dedicated folder on the home screen for each individual email account.

Whether or not it places a star on the envelope depends on what items you have set to show in the main messages folder.  Does your dedicated email folder (the one with your name) show a star when a new mail is received?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!