Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: tmobile
Accepted Solution

email issues

good day,

i recently bought a blackberry 9700 on amazon and i am trying to set up my email. however it just gives me the enterprize account settng and ask me for email and password but it doesnt take my email.  i feel i am doing something wrong as i thought that it would have internet mail account but it doesnt.  i messed around and now the email icon is gone.    i dont know what else to do.  I now went to google got my yahoo account on my phone and open my email from there but it so not convenient.  can yo please walk me through how to get my email set up on the bb.  and shoiuld  enterprize account be the one to set up account, i have used bb before but never used that.  so i just need to set up my yahoo email so that i have icon on menu and one click to my email.

thanks your assistance is appreciated.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: email issues

If it's showing only an Enterprise activation, the phone has an IT policy that wasn't removed before the phone was sold. To get rid of an IT policy and show an Email Accounts activation, you need to do a security wipe. To do a security wipe, on your homescreen follow Options>Security>Security Wipe OR Options>Device>Security>Security Wipe depending on which OS your phone is running.

Once you've done the security wipe, you should get an opportunity to activate a personal (i.e. Yahoo) email account. 

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

thank you for your quick response, quick question before i security wipe my phone. will i lose everything ie contacts etc .. and when i do will the email icon come back on and if not how would i get it back on the screen.

thanks so much

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Actually, while I hate to correct a colleague...an IT Policy is not necessarily the cause here. But you can check if you have an IT Policy via this:

• Article ID: KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

But, what I actually suspect is that you don't have an adequate data plan in place with your carrier. To use the proprietary BB services (including Push email capability, BBM, etc.), you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier. The carriers host BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a Push-email enabled BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), your BB-proprietary services will function (e.g., you will have Personal/Internet Email added to the email setup wizard, your BBM will function, etc).

bevybb wrote:

thank you for your quick response, quick question before i security wipe my phone. will i lose everything ie contacts etc .. and when i do will the email icon come back on and if not how would i get it back on the screen.

As for that question...yes...a WIPE is quite destructive to your data...refer:

• Article ID: KB16307 Actions performed by the BlackBerry smartphone during the removal of stored user and application data

Lastly, the on-device WIPE would not even be adequate if an IT Policy is causal...refer again to the above KB, where you can see the different actions taken by different WIPE methods, with the ResetToFactory method being the required method to remove an IT Policy (all other methods leave IT Policies in place).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

i do have data plan, i have set up facebook, whassup and other things on phone just cant get the email.  i wipe the phone it took all my contacts   so now i have to get those back on my phone but i am still seeing the enterprize . i am trying to get back my contacts on my bb and even that is a challenge. oh boy. when it ask me enter details provide by sytem admin when i am entering acc activation. is that my email address. where would i get system admin info from

New Contributor

thank you so much for all your help. i wanted to follow up to let you know that i contacted the carrier and in fact i had to upgrade to bb . it seem that bb and andriod are on diffierent settings so the carrier set me on bb registration etc and viola it came in ok. 

thanks you all your help

you are all the best

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Exactly. BBs require a specific data plan, they do not enable their proprietary services with a generic data plan. Further, you kept wanting to eliminate seeing Enterprise on the email configuration screen -- that will never happen. Enterprise will always be shown, but Personal/Internet will be added to the screen once a proper data plan is in place.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................