Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

email options won't work after failed email options update

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a bold 9780 ( on bell with os6 bundle 863 and 235 mg of free space) and when i was trying to setup my gmail to work with my inbox i had an issue when it tried to upgrade the email options it got cancelled and now everytime i try to open options under email it won't open and i can't change any settings. Is there a way to reload the core email app to get my options again?

thanks,

Paul

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: email options won't work after failed email options update

[ Edited ]

Hey Paul!

Welcome to the forums.

Seems to be a lot of what you describe going around.

Only way I know of right now to resolve this is to wipe your device (complete OS wipe) and reload the software.

You'll want to back up your device first with Desktop Manager.

Next, make sure you have the current OS for you device downloaded and installed onto your PC.

Then download and install an app called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) to wipe the OS.  If you have any third party apps installed, you'll be able to also back them up with BBSAK.

Once you've gotten all that done, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader on your PC.  If the OS you downloaded is from your particular carrier, you can skip this, otherwise go to the bottom of the list and delete the file called "vendor.xml".  

Now, you'll connect your device to the PC and launch BBSAK.  It will ask you for a password.  If you don't have a password assigned, just click OK.  Choose the option to Wipe OS.  Once the wipe is complete, your device should reboot and you'll be left with a white screen and an error 507, which means the wipe was successful.

Close BBSAK.

Then, in the same folder as the "vendor.xml" file, towards the top of the page is an executable file called "Loader" which will have a little phone icon next to it.  Connect your device to the PC, then double click on the Loader executable.  This will launch the process to re-install your OS.  The OS will be displayed on the screen at which point you can choose to add the 3rd party apps you may have saved off earlier.  The backed up apps are stored in a folder called Backup in the BBSAK folder (C:\Program Files\BBSAK).  You'll navigate to that from the Loader screen.

Once the install is complete, you'll want to restore any data and settings from the backup you created earlier.

I know it sounds like a lot, so please post back if something is not clear (which I'm sure you'll find! Smiley Happy) or if you have questions.

Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

I forgot to mention that when you go to set up your e-mail accounts again, do so on the internet from your PC, so you can avoid a similar hassle next time around.

Who is your service provider? Most have web-based services for this process.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Paulever, if you're still having the issue please send me your pin in a private message and I can likely get this resolved for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

Sorry for getting back so late! I fixed the problem by downloading the latest build from bell and loaded it on my pc. Once installed I used blackberry manager and checked the installed apps and it recognized the email options being cancelled and was in a pending state so I kicked it off and it installed the upgrade and my problems were fixed! So thanks for all the help!