Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

email problem after upgrade

Hi everyone,  I just upgrade my Bold9000 from 4.6 to 5.0.0.822 (at&t) and I am having a problem with my 2 email accounts on my BB (Hotmail & Gmail).  Before the upgrade, when I would delete an email on my device, I would be asked if I wanted to delete it on "Mailbox & Handheld" or "Handheld" or "Cancel".  Now when I go to delete and email I only get the options to "Delete" or "Cancel".  I've checked my email settings to make sure Reconciliation is on, and it is.

I've searched and can't find the solution.  Does anyone know what I need to do or change?

Thank you so much.

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: email problem after upgrade

To get that option back try the following steps:

1. Go into Messages, press the menu key and go to Options> Email Reconciliation.

2. In the "Message Services" select one of your email accounts.

3. In the "Delete On" section make sure it is set to Prompt.

This should give you the option to delete on "Mailbox & Handheld" or "Handheld" or "Cancel".

Hope this helps.

Contributor

Thanks. I will try your suggestions.

Contributor

RH-

Thanks for your help, it worked.  After I went through the steps I wanted to hit myself upside the head  because I had gone to that option but didn't even see what was right before my eyes.  I must have been having a massive brain fart! Man Surprised

Hopefully if someone else has the same problem this post will come up in a search and they won't have to make a fool of themselves by posting the question.

Thanks again.

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

No problem, glad I could help you out.

Have a good one.