Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: +639302862508
Accepted Solution

email set-up

hi there:

I need your help. I want to set-up a personal email account.unfortunately, I only have one option in my bbcurve 8520....And that is: I want to use my work email from blackberry enterprise server.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: email set-up

Hi cedzhelee

Welcome to the Community

Is it a work phone or a personal phone,If its a personal  have activated BlackBerry Data Plan on your Account from your Carrier.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, this is a personal phone. Sorry, but how can I activate a Blackberry Data Plan on my account? If my carrier is SMART, what to do's?

Elite II

Hi cedzhelee

To Activate BlackBerry Data Plan or BIS on your account you need to contact your Carrier Smart  ,They can activate BIS for you.So contact Smart ( your Carrier ).

Prince

New Contributor

hi there. I already contacted smart as my carrier but the CSR just gave a website to visit with. Without any delay, I am now visiting the website. However, as per account set-up, before continuing, it is suggesting that I need to register the device. How?
Elite II

Hi cedzhelee

Throughout the World every Carriers have there own rule,Are you getting this website Smart .As far as I know your Carrier has to Activate or Register your SIM  first for BIS on there database. But if want to know how to register a device have a look :

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network .

But if  face any problem you contact your Carrier for further help, They can guide you better as they have their own rules.Let us know of your progress.

Prince

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: MTN

I have a hotmail account please help me set up my email as I sent my phone for a services an now been reseted
Elite II

Brenties wrote :

I have a hotmail account please help me set up my email as I sent my phone for a services an now been reseted

Hi Brenties

You need to have a BlackBerry Data Plan on your Account in order to set personal email account on your device .Please check this Article :

KB02189 : How to associate email address with blackberry internet account.

Prince