Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

email settings on 9800

I'm trying to set up Tiscali email on my Z10, but am failing dismally, so want to copy the settings from my 9800, which worked perfectly.

I set up my email on my 9800 via www.02email.co.uk, which works really well however it doesn't support Blackberry os10 and worse still doesn't allow me to see email setting on my 9800 so that I copy them (I've tried Settings>email, but nothing happens!)  I guess they're buried somewhere else in my 9800.

Any ideas???  I currently have TalkTalk and O2 looking at this and they're all struggling !!!

What setting should I be using for Tiscali or How do I find the settings on my 9800 (I can't see them on the phone because it was set up via o2email.co.uk.

Any ideas???

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: email settings on 9800

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Since your 9800 uses BIS and your BB10 device does not, the settings on the 9800 are likely not useful anyway. Rather, have you seen this page?

From what I see there, you should have all you need from that page.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your quick reply, though been there & done that first of all  :-(

Tiscali(TalkTalk) weren't much help either, hence why I thought it would be good to view the setting on my 9800 - They must be embedded somewhere ?

If anyone can help me solve this , it would be great ! :-)

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I am really quite astounded that O2 cannot at least do some of this. They are the only ones with access to their BIS system, which is actually where you email configuration is stored for your 9800. The device itself does not store your email information...BIS contains that, and BIS is controlled by O2. An agent at O2 should be able to look at your BIS configuration and see what the settings are that it contains.

Note carefully please that you need more settings than BIS contains anyway. BIS uses it's own outbound email servers and gateways...it does not use your email server when you send email from a legacy BB. Hence, the outbound settings won't even be available in BIS to look at, since they are not there.

BB10, having a full on-device email client, does need your outbound email settings, which are from that link as far as I can tell.

I would suggest using the settings on that site from a different client -- try them in Outlook and see if they work. That at least will give you validation that the site is listing correct information or not.

And, on the Z10, be sure that you are defeating the automatic email configuration wizard and instead are entering all details manually.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Brilliant - Thank you for this.  Trying a different email client is somethign that I hadn't thought of (oops!)

I'll have a play over the weekend and see what happens !!!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

At last I've got there    The setting didn't work on a number of different email clients.  It turns out that for reasons unknow, Tiscali email doens't work via O2 (can receive, but not send) - This is strange, because my partner has a TalkTalk email address and this works fine with O2 !  So the solution...  Incoming email settings as you'd expect for Tiscali, outgoing need to be an O2 email address and password.  This sounds a compromise, but works fine - I receive email from my Tiscali email address and when I send them from my mobile, they appear to come from my Tiscali account. Strange, but great.  Hopefully this will help others...

Hall of Famer III

Thanks for reporting your solution...with technology, there is no 100% of anything. You have sadly found one of those situations that is, while rare, certainly not impossible. But at least you found a solution.

Good luck!