Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Balckberry 9700 bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

email setup doesn't work with new OS 6

Guys,

I have the BB 9700 Bold and I've updated to the new operating system OS 6 because the BlackBerry Software Device in my laptop requested it. I've updated to the OS 6 and now I cannot setup my email accounts. Can't add or delete any account.

I go to "Setup->Email Account" and when I press "Internet Mail Account" nothing happens and it goes back to the "Setup" menu! I need to install a new account in my blackberry!

Urgent help please!!!

Thank you

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: o2 uk

Re: email setup doesn't work with new OS 6

I have the same problem! hope someone can help with this its one of the main reasons i bought a blackberry in the first place!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

The same thing happened to me .. to fix this issue ...

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your phone browser ...  then scroll down to communicate .. then email , then choose the email you want to edit / add and save .. worked for me 

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: 3

Thank you so much for this!!!! You saved me, I thought I never will have my emails back. Take care.
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

So, I tried going to the mobile.blackberry.com site on my phone. I cannot see a "communicate" link when I scroll down. Has this been removed and if so, what is the alternative to this now?

Thanks,

Steve

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry TORCH 9800
My Carrier: IND TELKOMSEL

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry TORCH 9800
My Carrier: IND TELKOMSEL

stevehammond wrote:

So, I tried going to the mobile.blackberry.com site on my phone. I cannot see a "communicate" link when I scroll down. Has this been removed and if so, what is the alternative to this now?

Thanks,

Steve

New Contributor
My Device: pearl 8100
My Carrier: Rogers

try this: hook up blackberrry to computer, open up desktop manager and go to 'applications'

go down the list and make sure the things you need are installed and remove the things you don't need - Most importantly "system software" and near the bottom there is "email setup"

i didn't have 'email setup' installed -_-