Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

email setup failed

Our users use internet email accounts. We do not use blackberry email.

I needed to change the password on one users account. When I attempt to change the password the phone returns the message 'Update Failed' . There is no option to provide the settings for this email account.

I have tried deleting and recreating the account. I have tried all the resets including a clean wipe.

The email address is associated with my blackberry ID.I am told that if I want to add this address to my device i need to type the password for the email. Which is correct. 

I have also tried the blackberry eavt. I t does not find the correct email server and does not allow me to change it.

Please help. Thank you.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: email setup failed

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: email setup failed

For anyone else who's having issues setting up an email account on their phone, I highly recommend the solution posted by ToddB92.

I normally don't correct spelling errors in other people's posts but the link provided by Todd won't work.  The correct link to type in your phone's browser is www.blackberry.com/integrate .

Just doin' my part to help out around here.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.