Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

email: sorting and managing large volumes

Device: 8330, v4.5.0.77

Our executives receive large volumes of email daily, in the hundreds. Rather than using the wheel to scroll up and down through the emails, are there hotkeys or other "shortcuts" that would help move up and down through the volume.

Example: I open email and see I have 250 new, un-opened emails waiting patiently for me to attend to, all of which have come in the last 24 hours. I know there are several emails from 48 hours ago I need to address, yet the only way I know to get to those older ones are to use my wheel ball and scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, all the way down through all 250 before I can get to the older ones. Then, to get back to the top I have to scroll, scroll, scroll, scroll, all the way up.

Is there a quick key that lets me "page down", or a "go to" command where I can put in a date, or any other way of quickly moving through the volume of email without the scroll wheel?

Thank you for your opinions and ideas...

Randy

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: email: sorting and managing large volumes

AH! TIPS! I love tips.

T - takes the message list to the top

B - takes the message list to the bottom.

The space key will drop the list down one "page" or screen at a time. 

Left Shift + Space will go up a screen at a time.

More here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Email_%26_Message_Folder_Shortcuts

AND, if I were you, I would look at www.stinsonddog.com and get the PDF tips sheet for their models and print or give them each their own TIps document.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code