Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

email syncs, calendar syncs, address book doesn't sync!

I have the BES service installed and it was working fine until a couple of weeks ago.

I don't exactly when, but somehow, now I have the wireless sync "ON", with emails syncing ok, calendar ok, but not the address book... (not even the notes and the tasks, but I don't know if these two were synching from the beginning...)

I DO NOT USE desktop manager since it's not necessary at all when you have wireless sync with your company corp email and services working... ok?

any help will be appreciated

thanks

peteSmiley Happy

Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: email syncs, calendar syncs, address book doesn't sync!

Do this for me:

Go to options > advanced options > service books > highlight the desktop SYNC service book > hit your menu key and select delete > once deleted, hit your menu key and select undelete.

Get out of service books and under the advanced options menu select enterprise activation. You may have to wait a few minutes but ultimately your enterprise activation will start over again. You will see it go from 0-100%. Check your address book again after that to see if your contacts came over.

~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
New Contributor

how can I say it in a way that you can understand it plain and clear...

Man Very Happy

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I POST A MESSAGE FOR A PROBLEM AND I RECEIVE, A PRECISE, EXACT, PERFECT, AND EASY TO UNDERSTAND SOLUTION! NOT ONLY THAT BUT IT TOOK ME ONLY 5 MINUTES TO HAVE THE SERVICE UP AND RUNNING.

THANKS Smiley Wink

THANKS Smiley Happy

THANKS Robot Very Happy

THANKS Robot tongue

I'VE BEEN FIGHTING WITH MY OUTLOOK FOR 1289034129041 HOURS... THEN I DEDUCED IT WAS MY PHONE, ANOTHER 128907490128109284189023 HOURS CHANGING OPTIONS AND LOOKING FOR MENUS THAT DON'T EXIST...

EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE AND 100% PRECISE!

PETESmiley Happy

Super Contributor

Thank you! You made me smile Smiley Happy
~Tami~
-- Albert Einstein

[ Edited ]
Whoever Tami is - is excellent!  we couldnt figure it out and you did it with a very simple process.  you need a raise!
Message Edited by kregister on 02-24-2009 05:22 PM
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Thank you :-) I sure wish you could tell that to my boss...lol!!!
~Tami~
-- Albert Einstein
Contributor
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: ATT

Sounds like you pleople know what you are doing, so here goes. I have a 8310 with the last software update. I use MS Office on my computer, which I use for calendar.Sync via wire connection,desktop manager Ver. 4.2 sp2

When I downloaded the last sofare update it created 2 calendars, one called device calendar, other attached to my email adress. I could sync without trouble. Two days ago it erased everything on my Office calendar, and now only syncs the calendar attached to my email and not the one atached to the device.

Trying to correct the problem I downloaded from the ATT site (my service provider) the last version they have of the desktop manager, ver. 4.6. Now it will not even let me configure the sync, saying that the system does not find the table.

As you can see, I'm in a desperate need for help. I run my office out of this thing.

Juan