Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry tour
My Carrier: verizon wireless

email worm

Ok, so here goes....the other day I was trying to stop some junk mail from being delivered to my phone, so I was "unsubscribing" to things on my BB. Now, this may not have anything to do with my problem, but it all started here. These are the issues.

1. Can't get on any websites

2. A worm has gone through my hotmail account and everyone is getting "emails" from me with a link that I did not send. So, I keep getting mailer daemons. I have changed my hotmail password and also deleted everyone from my contacts on hotmail on my PC. I NEVER attach my BB to my PC so....

where is this worm coming from? Does my BB have a virus or a worm? How do I get rid of it?

4. My BB just reboots on its own.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: email worm

There's no "worm" on your BlackBerry. Never has had a virus or worm as you call it, yours would be the first.

1. What happens? Any error message or what?

2. Just a normal, routine, run of the mill email spammer spoofing your email address. There's really nothing you can do.

3. What are you doing when it reboots? Anything common your remember?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry tour
My Carrier: verizon wireless

No, no error messages at all.

And just now when my phone reboot, I wasn't doing anything with it. It was sitting next to me and reboot on its own.

I did just read to be sure my firewall was enabled...which it wasn't...so I did that.

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Place a business card or a folded cut piece of paper on top of the battery and replace the back cover, see if your spontaneous rebooting persists.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code