Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: 02

email

[ Edited ]

My Bold wont accept my e-mail settings. Been fine on all the others mail all pop 3. I know the settings are correct as Im the admin.

I need this mail on here and I like the Blackberry service but if I can't fix this then I'm going to have to switch to I phone and I really don't want to do that!!

Can anyone help

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: email

Hi Mpsmi,

Thanks for your Post...!!

There is no need to provide POP3 server information during mail activation on your handheld, only Id password is required.

Please share he way you are suing to configure your mail, so that we may guide you further...

New Contributor

Thats all I am doing e-mail address and passwork in set up

Invalid e-mail address and password. I know this is not right as I set them both and they work perfectly well on Outlook and on web mail

Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your Post..!!

First of all you have to create a account & then after login with that ID & password, you would be able to configure you actual mail ID on your handheld.

So after selecting internet account,instead of providing id password, click on create new & do the rest process.

If you have already created your ID, then have words with your carrier

New Contributor

I have an account. Its also my domain name. This works with 2 other e-mail addresses I have with Network solutions so why does it not work with my new one. I cant see what it has to do with them as It works perfectly well on my desktop, and lap top via Outlook.
Forums Advisor III

Thanks for your Post..!!

Is it your official IDm, you wants to confgure and having trouble, if yes then check for restrcition at firewall end.

Developer
My Device: Javelin 8900
My Carrier: Axis

actually just simply give your usename and password for your email and try connect
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

mpsmi wrote:
I have an account. Its also my domain name. This works with 2 other e-mail addresses I have with Network solutions so why does it not work with my new one. I cant see what it has to do with them as It works perfectly well on my desktop, and lap top via Outlook.

Do you know if this is POP3, IMAP or what type of email server?

Is it an Outlook Web Access account?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

POP3

New Contributor

Ive done it loads of times just says not correct whihc is not truen because it it correct. I have 4 pop 3 emails comming through my Blackberry no problem