Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT&T

email

I can't change my Comcast email password using Setup - I haven't been able to get my email since Feb 26 when I had to change it for Comcast
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: email

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

When you say "can't change", what exactly do you mean? What, exactly, do you try? What, exactly, happens? Are there any error messages presented?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I got a email from BB telling me to go to Setup and confirm the changes I made to my email account - I had to change the password. When i go ionto Setup pick the email icon type in my name and password I get a message that the info. Is incorrect.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

patenai wrote:
I got a email from BB telling me to go to Setup and confirm the changes I made to my email account - I had to change the password. When i go ionto Setup pick the email icon type in my name and password I get a message that the info. Is incorrect.

If I understand you correctly, that then would be your BIS credentials rather than your Email account credentials. BIS stores your email credentials so that it can separately be checking your email account and thereby enable "push" to your BB of new items. But, to keep your email credentials secure, BIS itself has it's own credentials. From what you've said, it sounds like it's your BIS credentials that you are not correctly entering...and if you don't know those, you need to contact your mobile service provider as they manage your BIS account for you.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I contacted ATT and they said to contact Comcast I did that and they saiid to contact BB. Thanks for the help anyway! I'm going to buy a new phone next month - probably NOT a BB! Thanks again --
Hall of Famer III

OK...so you are giving up. No problem for me! Good luck!

(BTW -- I'm pretty sure this can be resolved, but it of course requires accurate information from you...I had to make many guesses based on the limited detail you provided. Further, as far as I can tell you did not ever "contact BB"...posting here, on this user-to-user community does not achieve that goal. But, it's all moot anyway given your decision.)