Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Fido

emails have stopped

I can't do any emailing as of last week on my 9800. When I sign on through the phone, user name, then password, it comes up with," user name invalid. A user name must be at least 4 characters"  My user name and password are more then 10 characters each. Then if I go to "forgot password" push that, it says" password successfully sent to your Blackberry, and nothing happens. When to my Blackberry ID settings and I can sign in there okay. I can update my Blackberry world just fine, but no emails.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: emails have stopped

[ Edited ]

I have a couple of things you can try.  First, try typing www.blackberry.com/integrate in your phone's browser and see if you can set up your email account from there.  Second, call Fido and ask them to give you a user/pass combo for their BIS site at http://fido.blackberry.com .  From there, you can add, delete and edit email accounts on your phone.

Try those suggestions and post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Fido

Re: emails have stopped

Thank you for your help. I called Fido again and got it fixed through BIS. Getting all my emails again.

Thanks, BillJ