Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

emails

Whenever I receive an email it automatically gets put into both my email folder and messages folder. Is there any way to stop this happenng so that emails go into email folder and sms go into messages folder? Thanks for any help given x
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: emails

this is by design, no workaround, there might be a fix in future releases of device software.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: emails

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the question as BBsingh says they cannot be seperated. I have an icon for my sms and mms and then another icon for my blackberry email address. So just for fun I thought I would add my yahoo address just to see what happens. So I got a separate icon for that and sent a test message and still just as before the message goes to it's proper place and nowhere else. Check this setting. If you click on your message icon and then click the menu key click on general options and scroll all the way to the bottom to the option that says sms and email inboxes. Make sure that's it's set to separate. I hope that solves it for you!
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Re: emails

Perfect, thanks v much for ur help, had the setting on theme controlled so now changed it to seperate. Thanks again x
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Re: emails

thanks, ok its theme controlled then, not on all the themes it means
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.