Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

error 0x80040fb3 - bbry calendar won't sync with outlook

I''m hoping someone can help me sync my new Bbry  Torch 9810 calendar to Outlook. and visa versa.

This is a tethered sync.
I have isolated the problem to the calendar.
I have successfully sync''d address book, memopad, tasks. It''s the Calendar that is giving me error 0x80040fb3.

I''ve tried to sync the calendar using various different configurations but nothing works.
I even deleted all calendar items from my bbry in order that I can do a "fresh sync". But that didn''t help either.

I uninstalled Desktop Manager, and re-installed it. Still no success.

(I had this problem with my old Bbry which was a curve 8310)

Also, the error message I get says "...Check Documentation."  How/where do I do that?

New Contributor
My Device: TORCH 9850
My Carrier: VERIZON

Re: error 0x80040fb3 - bbry calendar won't sync with outlook

I hope you get an answer to this.....for I am having this issue with CONTACTS.

I know what I did. It was on the OUTLOOK side where I moved a CONTACTS folder (phonebook) while still "tethered". When I attempted to sync it threw the error...a differently numbered one. The error stated it was a bad connector.

I took similar actions to yours...
1) deleted the device contacts book, then restoring it from backup. Note: the restored book was created prior to the sync issue, hence it was not contaminated by the error. This did not work.
2) Uninstalled Desktop Manager then reinstalled a "clean" copy of DT Mgr. This was done to restore a good connector. This did not work.
3) Uninstalled OUTLOOK (Office 2003). Reinstalled from the original software CD. This did not work.

I am completely stumped.

I went to BB Help to research the error message: Guess what? It couldn't find the error;
nor could I find the error message on Microsoft's website. Even GOOGLE was of no help.

Please, please Blackberry gurus, HELP us to resolve this dilemma.

Dan McMaster in Syracuse, NY
New Contributor
My Device: TORCH 9850
My Carrier: VERIZON

My equipment: TORCH 9850. Desktop Manager: 6.036 (s/b the most current version).
WIN 7, OUTLOOK 2003, all MS updates have been applied, to both WIN 7 & OUTLOOK.
New Contributor

I fixed it! Myself. I'm so proud. 

Check out: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14818

There are 4 causes and 4 resolutions/workarounds.

Mine was the 4th cause and the workaround for cause #4 worked for me - remove field mapping for attendees.

The other 3 causes relate to Contacts - so those experiencing this error with Contact sync'ing may want to work through those 3 resolutions.

Good luck!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Danny,

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14818

Check this link for a fix to your error 0x80040fb3.

There are 3 causes for contact issues - and 3 suggested resolutions - work through those and see if that helps.

I was able to fix my calendar problem .

Good luck!