Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

error: 30801 too many pin changes

I bought a new bb 9900 on Friday and tried using app world. the first message is "you are attempting to use Blackberry App world with a new device. Do you wish to switch to your device pin to *************?"

I select  "yes" then i get an error message "There are too many PIN changes associated with this account (Error Id: 30801).

WHAT?!!?!

Can someone please help me?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: error: 30801 too many pin changes

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB25553 "There are too many PIN changes associated with this account (Error ID: 30801)" is encountered when attempting to login to BlackBerry App World

Hopefully it contains something useful! But I find it hard to believe that you changed BB's 15 times in one year...possible, I suppose, but you would likely have said something to that effect in your post. As such, you need to seek formal support...which starts with your wireless service provider. You will need to be gently persistent...many of the carrier reps do not understand that they indeed are responsible for your support on this issue...you need to not let them fob you off and request escalation until you reach RIM. Only via escalation from your carrier into RIM can you receive the support level you need to resolve this.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

That KB is absolutely no help at all.

When i had the 9700, i only changed the pin 3 times!  i didn't know if it was a BB thing or a carrier thing. but the message before i get the error message asks if i am using a new device with a new pin, and i click yes, then i get the error message. i can use app world when i connect to my pc. Which i am thankful for. But not being able to do it from straight from my device is frustrating!

i will call my service provider tomorrow. Will post the outcome!

New Contributor
My Device: BB9780
My Carrier: Globe

Hi Sindai1, did found a solution to your problem, I have the same< i can log in from the PC and not from the smartphone. (I am just a new member on this forum (RsnBB)
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

my issue has been resolved.

A few days ago....bbm was not working for anyone. That night...i was wondering why i haven't been getting any notification alerts..i looked at my bb and the screen was white with a message "error 201" and to reinstall software. i was worried everything was deleted. Thank goodness i have blackberry protect and it automatically backs up every week. i reinstalled os7, then restored my backup from a week ago. I did lose all the emails/text/bbm messages that i did for the week, but everything else was intact. Whew! AND app world is working now! i don't get that too many pin changes message anymore.

i suggest to everyone that had the same error 30801, to back up what you have, then reinstall the software.

New Contributor

Thanks... Will try to reinstall.  But my smartphone is working well except to log in to BB app world and BIS (blackberry Internet service).

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

everything on my bb was working fine too except for app world.  then RIM had an issue with bbm a few days ago and that error 102 message showed up. so i reinstalled and it solved everything. At the same time RIM fixed bbm.

New Contributor

Ok.. Thanks....
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: 9800

0801 too many pin changes
sindai1 New Contributor
9/5/11
I bought a new bb 9900 on Friday and tried using app world. the first message is "you are attempting to use Blackberry App world with a new device. Do you wish to switch to your device pin to *************?"
I select  "yes" then i get an error message "There are too many PIN changes associated with this account (Error Id: 30801).

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

danni4u wrote:
0801 too many pin changes
sindai1 New Contributor
9/5/11

Hello,

The above-linked KB (post 2 of this thread) contains the official information that you need for your situation. It is likely that you bought your BB "used" and it has already been through the max PIN changed allowed...and only your carrier can arrange (via escalation up to BlackBerry) to now remove this lock (assuming they can or will do so). If they will not, then you may need to contact your place of purchase as they have sold you a device you cannot fully enjoy.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................