Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: pearl 8100
My Carrier: AT&T

error 507

I have an error code of 507 on my pearl 8100 and cannot figure out how to fix it.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: error 507

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Depending on what was happening just before that appeared, there may be several different remedies to take. But, basically, a 507 means that their is no OS on the BB whatsoever, and the OS must be loaded. But, see these:

• KB19767 Unable to application load a BlackBerry smartphone showing JVM 507 or JVM 513 using BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • KB03294 Application Loader fails while resolving Device Error 507
  • KB28751 Upgrade to Device Software 5.0 on a BlackBerry Curve 8350i results in a 507 error
  • KB19767 Unable to application load a BlackBerry smartphone showing JVM 507 or JVM 513 using BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • KB02792 Error message "507" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone while upgrading BlackBerry Device Software

In one of the processes I use to sometimes reload my OS, a 507 is actually a desired condition midway through the process. So, again, depending on what is going on, the resolution path may be different.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I was able to figure it out this morning.  While trying to update the phone, with a dead battery, it went as far as deleting the OS, but could not connect to upload the the updated software.  I installed a new battery and did the update again and it worked. Now I'm trying to figure out how to use it to check my work Outlook email.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

sel294 wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I was able to figure it out this morning.  While trying to update the phone, with a dead battery, it went as far as deleting the OS, but could not connect to upload the the updated software.  I installed a new battery and did the update again and it worked. 

Good job! Yes, at least a partial charge of the battery is required to perform update processes.

sel294 wrote:

Now I'm trying to figure out how to use it to check my work Outlook email.

Do you need assistance with that? If so, then please provide the details about exactly what that email system is. There is no such thing as an "Outlook email", at least not with those exact words. It could be Outlook Web Access, it could be Blackberry Enterprise Solution, or other things. Basically, if your work email faces the internet (i.e., you can access it from "outside" via a web browser or something), then it should be able to be integrated into your BB. Start here:

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Yes, it its Outlook web access.  I've been to the AT&T store twice and was unsuccessful in getting the BB to access my email.  Their thought was the Enterprise Solution.  I was using an Iphone that got damaged.  While waiting for my new phone to arrive, I broke out my old BB and was going to use it until the new Iphone arrives.  I was told by AT&T that if I use the Enterprise Solution,  that would change my plan for the Iphone (unlimited Data). Didn't want to do that.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

For me, it's always easier to configure email via a PC/browser interface to your carriers BIS system. You can find those here:

And here are some KB's concerning configuring OWA:

• KB03133 How to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address with a BlackBerry Internet Service account
  • KB15173 Locate the mailbox name for a Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2007 email account
  • KB18567 BlackBerry Internet Service cannot connect to a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account using Microsoft Exchange 2007 or Microsoft Exchange 2010
  • KB04804 Error message appears when attempting to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2010 account
  • KB02858 Unable to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address with a BlackBerry Internet Service account

However, none of this will work if you haven't actually subscribed to a BB-level data plan...and it sounds like you've not changed your data plan at all. For BB email, you must subscribe to the proper data plan for it to work...it's an enhanced service that functions completely differently from how other devices handle email.

Good luck!