Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

error code 0x80040fb3 won't synch calendar

the contacts will synch but not the calendar, all contacts now have first and last names....what else is there to do to solve it ?

I'm finding working with BB about as enjoyable as working with Microsoft when trying to resolve issues.....they're just too helpful, should have gone Apple

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: error code 0x80040fb3 won't synch calendar

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Here is the article to resolve your problem!

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14818&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

If you need more information, please ask

!If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks  

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-16-2008 06:40 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Hi

What characters are considered invalid ? Can the company field not be left blank (as all mine are) in all company fields ? Also are you talking about changing the contacts in Outlook or on the BLackberry to resolve the issue ?

Thaks

Guru I

Hi,

I hope that the comments about Microsoft were not directed to this board. We are just users like your self, trying to help.

I went by error code, not actual function, my fault I gave you the wrong article. Just FYI an invalid addressbook record can be caused

by an invalid character or symbol in the name, or a corrupt picture associated with a contact.

Since you are syncing everything but your calendar. Lets clean the device calendar and retry.

This is the link for clearing your device calendar and resyncing. DO NOT turn on wireless sync, that is for a server.

Please let me know how it goes. I have our post set to email me, when you respond.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04950&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Hi

The comments about Microsoft are directed to RIM.

Anyway I'm afraid it doesn;t work. I am using a BB Bod 9000 and 4.6 software and some of the procedure I can't follow click Configure PIM....what's PIM, I have no such option?...........thanks for your help but this is driving me insane

Guru I

PIM is the Personal information Manager i.e. Outlook.

Configure sync like before.

OK?

Here is the manual:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/3606/Desktop_enterprise_46_final_492866_11.pdf

Thanks,

JLM
New Contributor

I have the same exact problme with my BOLD: Error code 0x80040fb3 when trying to sync with my MS Outlook Calender.  Appreciate the solution to the problem. 

Thanks,

Guru I

Hi JLM and welcome to the forums!

Is your prolem resolved?

Thanks,

New Contributor

Re: error code 0x80040fb3 won't sync calendar or Contacts!

[ Edited ]

Just received my new STORM 9500 from Vodafone (thank you!). However I cannot believe that a company as forward thinking as RIM can release the thing on to the market with software that doesn't sync with Outlook out of the box. I have had most business phones available and even sold on the dreadful  new Sony X1 Experia because of poor operation (mainly WM 6.1) However as bad as that was, at least it was a piece of cake to get the thing to Sync.  My Nokia (In fact any Nokia) I have owned is also plug and play when it comes to syncing between the phone and the PC using Outlook.

I hope Voda get a barrage of calls about the problem and release an update where it does not require the user to plough through their contacts database in Outlook looking for "suspect" entries that worked 100% with most other phones offered for synchronization.

Other wise so far a brilliant device but please get the basics right.

Message Edited by G4HKS on 11-15-2008 01:50 PM
Guru I

Re: error code 0x80040fb3 won't sync calendar or Contacts!

Hi G4HKS,

The desktop software most certainly synchs with Outlook as well as many other desktop managers.

As in any software installation with multiple combinations of hardware and operating systems,

there are bound to be problems. However, the majority of the users backup and synchronize daily without error.

In addition, corrupt records have always been, and will always be a fact of life in the computing industry.

Especially when they are constantly manipulated and updated as are contacts, calendar entries etc.

As you've only just been a member for an hour, your opinion may change as you read the threads and have

a better idea of how the device and supporting systems work.

That being said, are you having a problem with your desktop software or device? Just open a thread

in the 9500 forum and we can help you out.

Thanks,

Bifocals