Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: error code 0x80040fb3 won't sync calendar or Contacts!

[ Edited ]

Good evening Bifocals.  I understand that contacts are constantly being changed and added to but if Nokia and Sony can handle the synchronization between the device and desktop program "out of the box" (I.e. not having to alter/date entries that may/may not have images, names in one field or another, corruption of some description, then I think RIM should have offered the same level of operation.

Whilst corrupt records are indeed "a fact of life" two other leading Smart Phone manufacturers have got their act together.  I am sure that there will be a fix. Vodaphone released thousands of Storms on to the UK market yesterday and you can bet there will be a lot of users experiencing the same problem. I see from Curve, Bold and others BB's, this isn't a new issue, making it even less of an excuse on behalf of RIM.

I am not having a go (well maybe I am!) but I want RIM and the BB range to succeed of course and the purchase of the Storm is my main reason for buying that over the IPhone. Having said that, my Nokia's and Sony X1 "out of the box"  syncs 100% accurately with Outlook with the same database, "corrupt files" or not. Added to that WiFi (what were RIM thinking leaving that off the Storm?) and maybe the Iphone may have been the better buy.  Having used the Curve previously and seeing how brilliant a business device it was but lacking a few comforts sported by the Storm I chose the latter. I know RIM will sort it, it's just they should have done so already.

The problem incidentally is getting contacts off Outlook on the PC and onto the phone - it marches through about 235 of them and leaves 15 out. Looking at them doesn't reveal any obvious errors or perculiarities. In fact I have to sync the calendar database first because the program would not get past the Contacts because of the error. How odd is that?

I will do as you suggest and open a 9500 forum and ask the question. Assistance would be most appreciated. I am looking at replacing all my work phones with Storms in February and initially we would need the manual syncing feature to work. In May we will be running Exchange Business Server so I guess this problem will go away anyway. Thank you for your help so far.

Message Edited by G4HKS on 11-15-2008 07:01 PM
New Contributor

Re: error code 0x80040fb3 won't synch calendar

I have the same problem - went through the advanced logging, looked at the logs...nothing.
JLM
New Contributor

Nope not yet.  I can't believe that RIM is not able to find away to fix this. 

Cheers,

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi, G4HKS,

When your configure the calendar for synchronization make sure that you set conflict resolution

to notify you in conflicts, it may help in narrowing the down the field.

Thanks

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi Bio

I had done that but in the end kept deleting entries that were "not needed" and by keep comparing the listing on the Storm and Outlook finally deleted all the Outlook Contacts and synced back from the Storm. All working now of course but imagine if I have 3000 contacts instead of 300? 

Still, happy now. Lets hope I can get used to the floaty screen and no WiFi, but that's another issue.....

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Your happy...I'm happy  Smiley Wink

Have a good night

Bificals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I'm having the same problem - the contacts will synch but not the calendar - I get error code 0x80040fb3.  Does this mean that the "corrupt" file is in calendar & not contacts.  Operating with Vista.  I went to article and it looks pretty intense, espcially following the steps in  KB01451.  Thanks for your help!  Eric