01-24-2013 09:29 AM
I need help with my sons blackberry, its showing a white screen with the words app error 523, each time i reset it, it goes back to the white screen saying error code again, my son is 12 and needs to take his phone so i can keep in touch while im at work, help much appreciated
01-24-2013 09:53 AM
Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums
Do you have a backup of your device because to recover your device from this error you may loose all data within that device. Please try those steps to recover your device :
( Credit JSanders )
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
01-24-2013 10:07 AM
Yes you have to conect your device to the PC via USB cord,before starting the process.
01-24-2013 10:58 AM
Have you Installed BlackBerry Desktop Software on your Laptop before performing those steps, First Install BlackBerry Desktop Software then click on Start and Copy and then paste this :
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm .