Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: error encountered Error Code 0x8004fd28

Bifocals was right on the money, thank you.  Although my error code was 0x8004fcd6, and I have an 8300 curve, your answer held up without having to lose any data via resync.

Thank you!

I have followed the advice in several of these threads, but I keep getting the problem.

When I rename the Intellisync to _old, it works once, but then the next time I have to do the same thing again. It takes me then a moment to configure the BB to be able to synchronize with my Outlook.

I have a BlackberryCurve 8310, my laptop has windows XP and recently installed the latest version of the BB software.

I will appreciate any advice you would have on how to sort out the issue, as it's really annoying.

Thanks!

Juan

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Juan and welcome to the forums!

Follow the first procedure, when you figure out which of the sync functions isn't

working, turn on the advanced logging feature described in the second procedure.

You have a bad record on either the device or Outlook.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15735&sliceId=1&docTy...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15735&sliceId=1&docTy...

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Curve 8310

Hi all (including Bifocals, in particular)!

I tried to resolve this problem by following your directions (delete the intellisync folder and set up the Sync options again), BUT when I get into the Blackberry folder to delete the intellisync folder, I don't see a folder that's labled "Intellisync". 

Here's how I get to my Blackberry folder using Vista:

C:\Program Files\Research in Motion\Blackberry

The folders inside Blackberry are:

1033, Help,Images, IS71 Action Engine, IS71 Connectors, IS71 Desktop Setup and Template.  There's no folder specifically labled "intellisync". 

Can you help?

Thanks in advance, 

letitbe52

Contributor
My Device: 8300

Thanks ... that fixed it for me with my old trusty 8300 !!

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sasktel

[ Edited ]

I have the EXACT same issue as letitbe52 .... I do not have an "IntelliSync" folder.

I also tried a battery break as well and have updated with the newest version of desktop manager..... ???  PLEASE HELP

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sasktel

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14924&slic... 0 345200968

This link was useful.  Fixed my issue without having to delete a folder that was non-existent!

My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you.  Resolution #2 on the article you provided did the trick.  I'm back in business.

Ave
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: sprint

Thank you!  This is the one that works.  I took the battery out and did a hard reboot but that didn't work although I noticed I should do this more often as it seemed to be updating itself.  Your solution of deleting the folder worked for me.  I have a 8320 blackberry running on the Sprint network....my sync was working for months, as I am on 2003 Outlook.  all of a sudden I received Error 0x8004fd28.

This is the solution - try it!

New Contributor

So helpful - thank you