Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: TMN

Re: error encountered Error Code 0x8004fd28

I don't know how to kudo, Sorry!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

[ Edited ]

Hello midcastro,

To give Kudos, just click the white Kudos star kudos.png in the post that you found to be helpful.

My Device: BlackBerry 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

Error encountered Error Code 0x8004fd28

Thank you, it solved my 0x8004fd28 Error problem.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Error occurred a few weeks back, these directions fixed it for me. Just happened again to me today, came right out here to these instructions again, and fixed it again. Thanks so much!

My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for your help, Bifocals .  Smiley Surprised)

Deleting the Intellisync folder and then reconfiguring the synchronization settings in Desktop Manager helped to eliminate the problem.

ryantt.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

I had this exact problem and chased it for months, I finally figured out if you have more than 7 phone numbers in one contact it gives this error also. Just split them into two or three contacts ( Parks, Parks2, and Parks3) depending on how many phone numbers you have and all is well!!!

My Device: Storm 9600

Thank you so much!  I did the Blackberry.com fixes which did not help and took a lot of time.  Your fix took me five minutes.  I did have someone with 7 phone numbers.  

You are awesome!

Smiley Very Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Glad I could help.

Have a great day!

New Contributor
My Device: None

I am getting this error on my BB Bold 9650.  I do NOT have an Intellisync folder.  Using Vista.  I did a reset by removing my battery but this did not help.  The error occurs during the sync of my calendar.  Please help - all my husband's medical and surgical appointments need to be on my phone.  TIA.

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Hi Bifocals,

I have been trying to fix this issue during the last 2 days, but I am finally giving up searching by myself and asking you some help:

- I tried resolution 1 and 2 and it did not work

- According to my BB Desktop Software, the intellisynch folder should be located at C:\Users\[myname]\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop

- I wanted to try to delete or rename the intellisynch folder per some suggestions posted here, but I just do not know how to find it: when I go to my C: root, I CANNOT see the User folder and all the next folders. Should I change something in the way my C: root is displayed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Pepe