Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackbery 9900 v7.1

error in mail setup, delete it, and need reinstal again.

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I just change my blackberry from bold 9700 to 9900. The problem is only on email. In my 9900, it shows in home screen i have an email icons (email 1). where i tried to manage to delete the email 1 from email setup, but it shows i does not have any email link to my 9900 blackberry. probably this email link to my old phone.

So i tried to create a new email (email 2). and successfully shows in home screen too, which now show i have 2 email address at home screen. But when i open the email setup, it only show i have 1 email where i can delete or edit it.

i tried to delete the email setup app from option - device - app management, and tried to reinstall again. and here i got trouble. I already sent the host router - register. and also check in blackberry desktop - application. but it did not show to able reinstall the blackberry mail setup.

Currently, in setup, it have email setup icon (2account in bracket). but i cannot open or launch the app to edit or remove the email.

Can you help or also provide me with link where i can directly download the email setup app. I want to delete all email account i have now.

Using blackberry bold 9900, version 7.1 bundle 1310

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: error in mail setup, delete it, and need reinstal again.

Hi dtantra,

Can you please provide more information? Is your Email Setup application currently installed? Can you see it listed in Options>Device>Application Management? If you have already reinstalled the application, did you reinstall using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software or using the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone browser?

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!