Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: verizon

error message never seen before and cant find how to enable cookies

Today I tried to go on a website with my curve 8530 that I have been on before. This time I got an error message that read: scanstyles does nothing in Webkit/firefox/opera. Then it tells me its going to go to a lite version and that cookies are not enabled. I did not change this setting. However, I cannot find in options how to enable cookies. All I did recently was using blackberry app world i downloaded a theme and connected the phone to my laptop and attempted to update the phone. It took FOREVER and had to unplug it. Did this majorly f*&$ something up?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: error message never seen before and cant find how to enable cookies

Hiya!

So you unplugged the phone while it was in the process of updating? Yes, this definately could have affected your device. Thats why it states to never unplug (you can select cancel and safely remove the hardware).

Safest bet would be reinstalling your OS via desktop manager.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter