Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: blackberry8520
My Carrier: vodacom
Accepted Solution

error message - not connected 2 wirless network

I have had my curve 8520 for almost a year now and today after I deleted some apps, its telling that my phone is not connected 2 a wireless network, and obviously won't let me use bb app store or my weather apps. Please tell me how 2 fix it
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: error message - not connected 2 wirless network

Hello

With strong carrier network signal (not WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Thank you for ur time, but I can't seem 2 make any sense of step one, as it was laid out for bb10 users I think, and I don't think my liTtle curve works the same, step 2 I made sense of. Could u maybe explain step one, sorry if I sound dumb
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

The first section indeed is for BB10...

Capture.JPG

But if you keep reading, you find the section for pre-BB10 users (which is you):

Capture.JPG

But please remember...these are steps to conduct in order. Do not proceed to step 2 until you have properly competed step 1.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Step one worked fine, it won't let me send the service books, I found them but for the life of me I can't send it
Hall of Famer III

OK, so you queued the HRT, and also received back the "Registration" message to your BB. Excellent. Well done!

But, for step 2 (sending the Service Books), I again cannot tell, from your response, where in that KB you are now stuck. There are 3 methods listed...which are you attempting? And, within your chosen method, where exactly are you stuck?

Thanks!

Contributor

I am trying to do it on my phone, I found the service books but it gives me no option 2 send. Not through the website though
Hall of Famer III

mako1981 wrote:
I am trying to do it on my phone, I found the service books but it gives me no option 2 send.

OK...so Method 1 then? Which means you are now in KB15402, and that as well has two sections (for different OS levels) as well as 5 steps in each section. So, again, what section and step number please? 

mako1981 wrote:
Not through the website though

So you are also trying Method 2? If so, from those 5 words, I cannot tell anything at all...

Please help me to help you...when you reply with such lack of detail, you require me to drag the information out of you so that I can understand what you are doing. And that takes time...and the whole process will take longer for you than you wish it to be. If you just, in each reply, provide me with the actual details I keep asking you for, then this will go much quicker for you... 

Contributor

Ok using option one, (my software being V 5.0) I can't find 'setup' on my phone, (step 1). Going straight 2 step 2 e-mail settings that I found, then it tells u 2 select help frm the main screen that I found, but there is no send service book selection only' accept service book or delete service book. Hope that explained a little more
Hall of Famer III

mako1981 wrote:
Ok using option one, (my software being V 5.0) I can't find 'setup' on my phone, (step 1).

Then you are reading the wrong section...the second section (OS 6 and 7) states that you go directly into Setup from the Homescreen. But the first section (the one you say you are following) says this:

• On the BlackBerry smartphone Home screen, click the Email Settings icon. If running BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 - 5.0, the Email Settings icon may be located in the Setup folder.

Completely different from a requirement to go directly into Setup (which is what I interpret from what you've said there). But, in any event, it seems you got past that after all...so let's continue:

mako1981 wrote:
Going straight 2 step 2 e-mail settings that I found

Again, that's not step 2 of the first section...so I continue to wonder if you are actually following the correct section...but, again, you got past that, so let's continue (my confusion factor is irrelevant here, after all)...

mako1981 wrote:
then it tells u 2 select help frm the main screen that I found, but there is no send service book selection only' accept service book or delete service book.

That is odd...but at least you now seem to be in the correct section of the KB...but I've never before seen a situation where this KB was incorrect, but you never can know anything for sure.

So why don't you fall back to KB02830 and try Method 2 or Method 3?