Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: error occurring when updating the device software of my Pearl 8100

dodge009 wrote:

I have done that with retrying and all four times. Does it matter that the phone was unlocked? I am using ATT's mobile service though.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Locked or unlocked is irrelevant. But, from your screen shot, it appears you are using the RIM Desktop Manager to perform this update...please scroll up in this thread and use the LOADER.EXE method as per a link in an earlier post from me.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have tried both the desktop and the online update. The online one is the one I used first. That message came up, the screen had turned black during the part it did complete, and now nothing is happening. A red light is on right now, but it won't go past the initialization part.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

If, by "desktop", you mean the RIM desktop software, then you have not yet tried what I have recommended. The method above does not use the RIM Desktop Software...rather, it uses the Downloaded and Installed (to the PC) BB OS package, which has a LOADER.EXE application that you directly run from Windows...you do not launch the RIM Desktop Software at all.

Please clarify...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

The day I tried the update, I did the one from the website...the LOADER.EXE. That's how my phone got messed up. I tried it two more times using the website update. Then I read a tip that said to try the desktop manager. That didn't work either. And I just retried what you suggested in your previous post, the LOADER.EXE and the same thing happened.

Hall of Famer III

OK, so I think you are using LOADER.EXE exactly as the instructions say.

dodge009 wrote:

The day I tried the update, I did the one from the website...the LOADER.EXE. That's how my phone got messed up. I tried it two more times using the website update. Then I read a tip that said to try the desktop manager. That didn't work either. And I just retried what you suggested in your previous post, the LOADER.EXE and the same thing happened.

Unfortunately, "the website" is what confuses me...there is an another update methodology that uses an activeX web page from RIM to perform the update. But it is not LOADER.EXE as instructed. Nevertheless, I will take you at you word that you are using the exact method I provided.

It is likely that the very first failure is the initial one that is problematic and that it is causing further attempts to fail. As such you should perform a clean wipe of your BB with JL_CMDER and see if that allows you to then perform the OS install:

Good luck and let us know!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

device udpate error.JPG

Good morning

I've been trying to install the device update but i get this note:

"Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry"

This is happening during the "Reconnectind to JVM" step of the process

My device is password free and connected to the usb port.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

By the way... I still have it without the battery on place.