Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9810
My Carrier: Indosat
Accepted Solution

error on downloading strava app from Blackberry app world

Hi,

I was fail downloading strava app from blackberry app world and there is no option for "reinstall" the app. Please help.. Thank you in advance.
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: error on downloading strava app from Blackberry app world

Hi hansmartinus

Welcome to the Community

Please try this steps :

• Open App World – Go to MY World
  • Clear App World Cache  KB24714
  • App World shall Close
  • Then Please Perform a Battery Pull Restart like this While Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot.

After that Go to App World and reinstall that application.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9810
My Carrier: Indosat

Thank you so much Prince ! It WORKS !! Smiley Happy
Elite II

Hi hansmartinus

You are most Welcome ...enjoy Smiley Very Happy

Prince

Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

Hi am sorry if am posting on the wrong page.I just signed up today I dont know where to go to do a post of my own but what made me come here is that i downloaed 2 paid apps a week ago and before it started to download it said error try again later but it took my money and everytime i try to redownload the app there is no option to do it i just read this post and you were instructed to clear your app world cache i tried going there to clear it but i cant find it can you help me,thanks
Elite II

Hi starbright01

Welcome to the Community

If even after Clearing your App world Cache it is not allowing you to download then I doubt there is any other way except Contacting that Apps vendor on there support page.

I am not sure But If possible try it again , before that make sure There is no encryption unabled on your device,after that try to clear you app cache do a battery pull ,then try it again.

Prince

Contributor

thanks for the response but do i go to app world to clear the cache or do i go to options and look for it there because i went into app world to slook for it and it wasn`t there.thanks
Elite II

starbright01 wrote :

thanks for the response but do i go to app world to clear the cache or do i go to options and look for it there because i went into app world to slook for it and it wasn`t there.thanks

Hi starbright01

On your Homescreen Go Options Security Options > Encryption and if encryption is enabled then Disable or unmark all Encryction.Then on your device Open App World > Go to My World > Clear App World Cache > After that do a Battery pull restart. Then have a try and see install option is available.

If you are unable to see any install option then Login to App World on your PC or Laptop go to that particular Application on right side there use to be a support or contact us section.I hope Contacting then will help in resolving the problem.

Prince

Contributor

Thanks a lot but what i did i held down alt and pressed rst while in the blackberry app world and the list got refreshed and now everything is fine.Thanks
Elite II

starbright01 wrote :

i held down alt and pressed rst while in the blackberry app world and the list got refreshed and now everything is fine

Hi starbright01

You are welcome...  Yes what you did is Cleared App World Cache.and it is always considered as the first step in resolving those kinds of issues.So now enjoy your Apps.Smiley Happy

Prince