Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: globe

error on my bb torch 9800

hi!can you please help me?i have two problem with my torch9800:

1. whenever i turn my phone on there was a message saying uncaught exception:java.lang.error.

what am i going to do with that?

2. one month ago,whenever im using my phone,i didnt see anything on the screen except time but when i put my phone in my bag(i forgot to screen locke),there was this two letter word on the right top of the screen.

i really dont know what to do..please help me..

big thanks..

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: error on my bb torch 9800

Hi there, depending on the exact uncaught exception error you're seeing, it could just be an error with an app, or it could be an error with an OS file.

As to the two letter word, what word is that?

Let me know your response to the second question so that we can clear that up. Also, if you can get the full uncaught exception error, let me know what it says as it may be as simple as uninstalling and reinstalling an app, or you may need to reload the OS.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

1.an error says,.''uncaught exception java.lang.error''

2.the two letter was "ON"

thanks

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Sorry, I should have seen that above... The uncaught exception error may be due to a problem with an app or the OS. Hard to say for sure what the cause is, but I've seen it before myself.

Unfortunately I don't know what the "ON" thing is about... If it had said "OFF" it would have simply been a case that all of your network connections had been turned off, but I'm not sure what the ON would indicate. The only thing I can think is that you might have an app installed on your phone that has put that there.

That said, both issues should be able to be resolved by reloading your OS. To do this, follow the steps here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

hi..im sorry..the two letter word is "EN"..thank you..

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

1. For the uncaught exception, Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

If it continue to show this exception, please post back.

2. EN, means you have your device set to a language other than English, and you have now chosen English as the input method. Go to Options > Typing > Language and set your device to the language you want.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

i did your suggestion but the uncaught exception is still thereSmiley Sad

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

There's no number or anything associated with the exception?

Is there any application or service on the BlackBerry not working?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code