Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: error syncing contacts

I hope your plan works for you...do keep in mind that the SIM phonebook is far less robust than the BB Contact List. The BB Contact List can have one name with multiple phone numbers (home, work, mobile, etc.)...the SIM list is a 1:1 system (e.g., one name, only one phone number), meaning that you wind up with one name multiple times if you have multiple numbers for that one name. I don't know how your Nokia does it, so I don't know what the results will be.

Concerning BBOS version numbers, there are several sets of information provided, but it is the "Applications" set that is normally used to identify the actual version number. Refer:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of the operating system on a BlackBerry smartphone

For downloading and installing to the PC, the official download portal lists them like this:

Capture.JPG

Again, the "Applications" bit is visible both on the portal (as shown) as well as the name of the actual file you download will include the "A" section, which is the version number to compare to what your BB reports (via the above KB). Note that this example is from AT&T (who has OS5 available for your 9000).

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: SpeakOut7Eleven

You were absolutely right abot storing contacts on the sim card. I didn't know that. It did give me a starting point, and with a little manual entry, I have a passable contacts list.

I would still like to get the desktop sync working. Do you have any other suggestions on things to try?

Do you think it would be worth trying a newer version of the device s/w? The BB download site has two newer than what I just installed, which is newer than what I originally had (assuming a higher version number indicates a newer version).

Concerning device s/w version numbers, it turns out that the version I installed does correspond to the version number on the download site. I was looking at the Package version, rather than Applications.

Thanks again for all your help.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

lotz2du wrote:

I would still like to get the desktop sync working. Do you have any other suggestions on things to try?

I think, amidst everything we've been through, that I've already given you all of the recommendations there can be for this...but I have no idea which you've done, how they worked, which you skipped...I am rather lost at this point.

lotz2du wrote:

Do you think it would be worth trying a newer version of the device s/w?

Yes -- no guarantee, but consider...do nothing, and you know the result for sure.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................