Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: wind

exchange outlook web access

Hello,

i would like to add an account on my smartphone to read my mail via outlook web access.

I can't find in the mail configuration the voice "exchange"

Why?

How can i connect my smartphone to outlook web access?My smartpone is blackberry curve 9320

Thank you

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: exchange outlook web access

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this KB for configuration instructions:

• KB03133 How to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address on BlackBerry smartphone

If there are problems, then see these KBs for helpful information:

• KB18567 BlackBerry Internet Service cannot connect to a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account using Microsoft Exchange 2007 or Microsoft Exchange 2010
  • KB04804 Error message appears when attempting to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2010 account
  • KB02858 Unable to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address with a BlackBerry Internet Service account

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Sorry but i have read kb03133 but i haven't in my smartphone the voice outlook web access in the email accounts I must install updates if are available??
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what "voice outlook web access" means... Can you cite, from the KB, the exact place you are having trouble (step number, quoted text, etc.)?

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

The exact place in the kb is the first step "overview"
Hall of Famer III

OK, thanks...I still see nothing about "voice", but perhaps that's just translation...no worries.

OK..so "Overview" is the first section, and it contains two sub-sections -- the first for completing the process on the device, and the second for doing so via your carriers BIS website (from a PC/browser). Then, each of those sub-sections contains several steps.

So, within Overview, which sub-section are you attempting to follow? And further, within the sub-section, which step are you stuck on?

New Contributor

My trouble is in the first sub section , I open email settings, choose other, enter email address and email password, continue but my smartphone create an imap account, I can't find the step number 6. Do you understand now?
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Yes, those details make it much more possible for me to understand your situation. But, I'm not quite sure how you know that an imap account was created. But, nevertheless, if in step 6, you do not see the offer for OWA, then BIS is not recognizing your server as OWA.

Via the wizard, BIS looks at your server after you provide your credentials...and, depending on what it finds, it offers to you the appropriate configuration settings. For some reason, your OWA server may perhaps not be properly advertising itself as OWA, and BIS may instead be interpreting it as IMAP. But I can only guess here, as I cannot see anything for myself...I only have your words here to guide me.

It may be that you need to force it into the Advanced Integration mode. You do this by providing your valid email address, but an intentionally invalid password. This will re-draw that same screen, but add to it a tic box for "I will provide the settings manually" (or something similar)...select that tic box and then continue, and see if that then allows you to properly configure this for OWA.

You can also attempt, via your BB Browser, the url of www.blackberry.com/integrate, and see if that can get it configured properly for you.

Additionally, you can try the second sub-section, and attempt the configuration from your mobile providers BIS website via PC/browser. Sometimes, I've found my self unable to configure OWA via the on-device interface, and had to use the BIS website to accomplish it. You might have to ring up your provider to ask them if they have such a BIS interface site available.

You also can ask your provider to configure it for you...they control your BIS account, and can do it directly in their system. You do, of course, have to then reveal your credentials to the carrier agent...not the best thing, but sometimes required to get some special situations handled.

Also, do review the other KBs I originally provided...those are troubleshooting KBs for if there are problems. Perhaps they contain something useful in your situation.

Good luck and let us know!