Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

face plate noise

Hi,

I'm not sure how common this is but the bottom half of the face plate on my curve moves a little bit and when it does, you can hear a noticeable creaking noise.  It annoys me especially when I hold up the phone to talk.  Also, the keyboard moves a little bit.

Also if you're looking at the back cover, the left rubbery side moves in a bit if i press it then it bends back when I let go.

I called my service provider and they're telling me this is falls under physical damage and they won't replace it for free.  

Any suggestions on how to find a solution to fixing this annoying problem? 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: face plate noise

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Are you still under warranty?

Are there any marks that indicated you dropped it?

I'd really make them take it back.

If you can't, you can buy the part and replace it. (may void warranty, but they won't cover it anyway)

Let me what you won't to do.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I had already talked to ATT about getting a replacement.  Here's the full story.

Bought my phone this year in March...had phone problems in mid-June so I got a replacement for that.   

I noticed that the plate was moving a bit a day or 2 later but I was going away on vacation in the next week or 2 so I decided to hold off on calling them until I returned.  Called them up after I got back and they said that since I didn't notify them about it at least 72 hours after I received my replacement, they'll have to process it under physical damage on my part and I'll have to pay a processing fee of $375..the other option that was given to me was to be transferred to customer care to see if any of the same phones were on sale so I could get it for a lesser price...

It wouldn't have made sense for me to call ATT before I went away because once they send my replacement phone...they give me an X amount of days to send it back before they charge me the reprocessing fee.  So since I was going away for 2 weeks, it obviously wouldn't have worked out.

So I'm not sure if there's a way I can get past this and find another way for them to send me a new replacement or not. 

Oh and, there is no indication that I dropped it. 

Message Edited by danomitex on 09-09-2008 07:09 PM
Guru I

Hi, take a minute and look at this Video, see if you want to replace it yourself.

I'll price a screen for you.

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Guru I

It will set you back about $ 35 with shipping>

New Contributor

Hi Bifocals...is there a link for the video?
Highlighted
Guru I

Sorry I had it, and forgot to give it to you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0apqAqiGLj0