Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

facebook problems

I'm recently having this problem with facebook, well i have to tell  that i wiped my device and  restore a backup and it works fine but I decide to  open facebook before  restoring the backup and obviously as there was not set an email account  yet it didnt work as i expected, afterthat i've been having this problem : when i log in  it actually updates but it shows me this message / there was a problem while communicating with facebook/

hope someone helps me  please Smiley Sad

New Contributor

Re: facebook problems

Yeah,I am having the same problem with my Facebook app. I checked out the FaceBook for Blackberry app page on Facebook and a lot of people are having this problem.

New Contributor

Good to know it's not only me. I thought maybe a caught a bug in my phone.
New Contributor

Facebook Posted this yesterday.......

We’re working as quickly as possible to fix site issues that are causing errors for some of you when you try to log in or access features. We’ll keep you updated as the site returns to normal, and you can learn more at http://www.facebook.com/help.

New Contributor

Thanks a lot for your replies, well I contact blackberry  I did everything they told me (battery pull, delete the facebook app and download it again, registered the devive, wiped the device including third party app, also backed up and update OS)

and nothing works hope facebook really fix it

I read the facebook post and ask them if that also include the mobile app, anyway if the website is ok is understandable the mobile app to be ok, but the website has been ok really but the mobile no. ummmmmm

My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Was there ever a solution to this issue?  I am having this same issue.  I have tried reinstalling the facebook application, but it only works sometimes.  Any more ideas?

My Device: 8320
My Carrier: T-mobile

i installed facebook mobile two days ago. it worked fine till last night. Since last night, it gives me the same error "there was a problem while communicating with facebook". i know i did nothing! it suddenly started giving this error. in addition, my facebook notification emails go to my gmail account. i only dont see the facebook notification emails in my blackberry, while i can see these facebook notification emails on my outlook or on gmail's web page.. it sucks.. uninstall!! such a failure on such a popular tool around the world

My Device: Curve 8520 and Bold 9000
My Carrier: Qtel-Qatar

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

I'm getting frustrated with Facebook for Blackberry. I have done many things to try to solve my problem but it still doesn't want to work like it should. The problem I am having is I'm not getting Facebook notifications to my Blackberry but when I sign onto Facebook with my computer I get all the notifications there. I have tried changing the permission to allow on everything, I have uninstalled the app and then re-installed it about 5 times. It just doesn't want to work. If anyone knows how to fix this or knows someone that would know please let me know. Please email me at {edit}

Thanks Guys! Smiley Happy

edited to remove personal information

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

taylorprice09 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I'm getting frustrated with Facebook for Blackberry. I have done many things to try to solve my problem but it still doesn't want to work like it should. The problem I am having is I'm not getting Facebook notifications to my Blackberry but when I sign onto Facebook with my computer I get all the notifications there. I have tried changing the permission to allow on everything, I have uninstalled the app and then re-installed it about 5 times. It just doesn't want to work. If anyone knows how to fix this or knows someone that would know please let me know. Please email me at {edit}

Thanks Guys! Smiley Happy

edited to remove personal information

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

From within the BB FB app, click the blackberry_logo.jpg key and select Options. Check your settings there so that the FB app is properly integrated with the various BB apps you need it to be. Most likely, it's the Message app that is not checked...checking that should enable notifications.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

i am having the same problems on the laptop it works fine but on the phone no notifications are coming through.....very frustrating because it was working fine for 9 months please help.....