Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: facebook wont connect

Here is one solution for making Facebook 1.6 to work on BES activated teminal.

The phone has the application installed and i pull out the battery and changed the SIM card with another one (no BES activation on the other one). I started the phone and logged in the Facebook 1.6 application with no problems. I pulled out the battery again (without shuting down) and inserted back the BES activated SIM card. The facebook was still loged in and working.

Hope it helps those who have issues like "Could not connect because a data service.... " bla bla

Cheers

Highlighted
New Contributor

canghel wrote:

Hello Luca,

Can you be more specific regarding what service books need to be sent from the provider.

I am a BES user and my network is Orange Romania. Unfortunately after they sent some service books and i reset my terminal nothing happent, still got the message "Could not connect because ....no data service...". I even checked with our IT guys and from their part nothing is bloked or any settings to prevent Facebook 1.6 to connect. 

Sorry - I don't know the specifics as this was something Vodafone did their end... 

New Contributor

Hi Canghel,

Can't wait to try out your solution as I am having no luck with my provider. I got a whole story from them trying to get me to contract a "multinational service" contract (which makes no sense at all) and advising me that it is probably depending on the base configuration of my bberry and the company configuration/internal routing on how to connect to the internet - so basically if I can contact another 2 departments/people :s

Could you please advise me what is a BES activated SIM card? I.e. who do I go to for a non-BES activated card? BES is the acronym for a company bberry?

Thanks for clarifying!

Vivian

New Contributor

BES - Blackberry Entrprise Server

BIS - Blackberry Iternet Service

BES means that is a company phone - the e-mail and othe policy on the phone are provided by the company. But also some are comming from your mobile service provider - who is also your internet provider but the internet is routed trough your company server as a security measure.

On BIS is just a blackbery that has service from your mobile service provider - internet acces and other.

You can use a friends SIM card that has a data plan for internet just to log in your facebok account. Not necessary that your friend has a Blackberry .. just some SIM card that can accessinternet on it.

Good luck and keep us informed so that others can inspire.

My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: verizon

OK- So I'm still having trouble, talked to both verizon and then bb and they blamed facebook.

I have a 8330 verizon curve, it ran fine on the phone I had yesterday - I had a warranty replacement -now about 80% of the time I try to run FB, it tells me it can't connect to the facebook server.

double and triple deleted and re-installed the app.  all connections work fine on all other apps.

One day one phone it worked v1.7.0.18 later on different unit same model v1.7.0.22 doesn't work

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Education

Hi everyone ,

Firstly a warm welcome to all of you , i have been reading all da postings done here

and i am too facing this same problem

But unlike many of u ... I am using a WiFi network to login to facebook . But unfortunately This Service not available message is showing up

So if u guys have any idea to find a solution for this .. please comment for this posting ASAP

Cheers To All

Regards ,

Nithin

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: AT&T

i have worked on this problem for months.  Finally i got onto the AT&T website and saw that i only had data unlimited.  I changed the feature over to a data plan for blackberry and ever since my phone has been running good.  I am now having no problems with any website, or applications

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

i cant connect to my facebook i have a blackberry bold 9700 and it has facebook 1.9 and i cant access it with my pla even though my plan has high speed internet can someone help me?