Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: curve 8320
My Carrier: 0range

Re: factory reset curve 8320

Hi,

I have 3 ports on my Dell inspiron, on the side a single front side and a middle side double. I have tried all 3. I tried through desktop manager and direct  from loader ( run as administrator.

John

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ok, I'm sorry you're having such an issue with this.

Read this and see if anything helps:

Article ID: KB04269 Unable to connect to the BlackBerry smartphone during a multistage loading operation

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried the advice in articlehttp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04269. but with same results. just when it tries to re connect to JVM the device displays a battery with red line. At this stage I was wondering whether it does need a factory restart, damaged to usb/ charger port or is it to do with both plus using Win 7 64 bit ?

I cannot understand how it recognises device through desktop and appears to load okay. But then cannot re connect..

I thank you for you patience and help in this matter.

Regards

John

Highlighted

let me tell you what I think... because I have seen similar on a device of mine.

I think the on-board device battery is deeply drained to the point that it does not recognize the battery, and you need to keep charging with a known good charger. And, while connected to the charger, remove and replace the battery.

Meanwhile, you can also try remove the battery while doing the java loader, and insert the battery just after you click on the apploader.

If the USB port on the BlackBerry is bad, then none of this will work.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thanks,yet again. I shall try this over the meat week and let you know how I get on. By the time I have finished I should have built up quite a knowledge on this situation, (hopefully). I shall reply in weeks time. Regards John Charnick
Contributor

SIR,

I would like to thank you for all of your help and understanding. After charging for 2 days, removing battery along the line, it finally started. I have since received new batteries and have installed latest O/S. All is working well now.

I cannot thank you enough.

John Charnick

John, you are welcome. Patience wins!

Very happy for you.

Knowledge Base Updates