Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Mtn-Ng

flashing Bold 9900

Please I want to know how to flash out my current OS. I'm using 7.0.0.2090 and can't upgrade it. I have tried all methods to upgrade but keep on telling me that my OS is up-to-date. Please anybody should help me
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: flashing Bold 9900

You can download an OS from other carriers then read the instructions below.

Please follow the steps on this Article BUT before going to Step 2, please access:

For computers using a 32-bit Windows® XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

For computers using a 64-bit Windows® XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating system:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader

and look for Vendor.xml and permanently delete it (shift+del)

Install or update device software on a BlackBerry smartphone without using BlackBerry Desktop Softwa...

Good Luck

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks Ronbob. But I have tried that. I even download new OS 7.1 diferent Carriers including my own carrier. When I try to load it from apploader, it brings error message. That ' the software is not supported by my device that I should contact my wireless provider.
Forums Veteran I

Did you delete the vendor.xml before starting the apploader?
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Yes. I did. Each time I install all OS with me
Forums Veteran I

Are you sure you downloaded a software for Blackberry Bold 9900? That error will only appear if the model plugged is different. Is your device 9900 or 9930?

New Contributor

My device is 9900. Even when I plugged it with desktop manager it brings 9900. On the phone, it brings 9900. On the pack of the phone, it is also 9900
Forums Veteran I

Please try to uninstall all installed OS on your PC thru Programs in Control Panel. Then reinstall the OS you wanna load. Remember to permanently delete the vendor.xml

New Contributor

I have tried that also. Uninstalled all programmes relating to blackberry even my desktop manager and installed OS I need. Still bringing that error
Forums Veteran I

If you have a Device Password Enabled, please switch it to disables first.