Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

folders

On my old phone ( not a blackberry !) I could create folders for individual contacts and , if desired , could save that persons text messages to the folder.  Have managed to create my first folder ( unfortunately on the home page ) but cannot send text messages to it . There just doesnt seem to be a "send to folder " option.  Have had my Blackberry torch for 3 days and its driving me crackers.  Help ....its going to end up in a draw Smiley Surprised

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: folders

Nope, you can't do that.

Remember, this is not you old phone, BlackBerry has different conventions of which you'll need to get used to. Ask here what you need... we can help.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT & T

This is my first Blackberry. I am an attorney and keep text messages as a part of my practice. Are you saying there's no way to move messages to a separate folder on my phone? I don't want to delete them and I also don't want to keep them in my main messages folder for the world to see.
Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yazzyaz wrote:
 I am an attorney and keep text messages as a part of my practice.

I don't see where your occupation really has anything to do with it. Lots of people in many varying occupations have the same need. But anyway...

No, you can't create separate folders for text messages for individuals.

However, there are workarounds that might even work better for you.

#1. Use an app like DexRex which will backup all of your SMS text messages to your PC, where they are actually more usable and probably safer than on a mobile smartphone. Depending on your handheld device for information vital to your business, or a client, probably isn't so smart in the first place.

#2. Do a weekly, if not more often, backup of your BlackBerry using Desktop Manager. Then you have backups if needed. Why? See #1 above.

#3. To track communications and interaction with a specific contact on the BlackBerry, go to that user's contact, open it, and press the Menu key > View History. You'll be shown all the device interaction with that contact, including SMS, email and calls, etc.

Does that help?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code