Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

forgot bb id password & cannot get password as bb id user name is no longer valid

I upgraded last night to BB 7.  it's now asking for my BB id password, I can't remember what that is.

Additionally, if I ask for the password recovery, the BB ID username is not a valid email.  So I have two problems.

I use a different email.

I don't know what to do.  I'm getting frustrated looking for answers.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: forgot bb id password & cannot get password as bb id user name is no longer valid

Also, FYI, I have not exceeded my attempts.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: forgot bb id password & cannot get password as bb id user name is no longer valid

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a secure environment, BB ID cannot make it simple to recover from this particular event. You are indeed stuck as, based on your situation, all automated recovery methods require you to have access to the email account that is currently associated with your BB ID...without that, you can do nothing. So here are your choices:

1) If there are no AppWorld purchase records that concern you, then you should simply create a new BB ID and shift your BB over to that, starting anew all AppWorld records. You may have to perform a WIPE of your BB in order to change it's BB ID association.

2) But, if you are concerned about AW records, then you will need "human intervention" to recover this. You will need to contact your mobile service provider and request escalation up to RIM so that this can be sorted out by a human. They may ask you to go ahead and create a new BBID anyway, and they will then migrate your AW records over to it. Or, they may help with unlocking and recovering your old BB ID. Or, if they cannot reliably identify you, you may be totally out of luck.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

yeah, i got zero help from rogers and i don't understand what i have to do!

New Contributor

how do i create a new BB ID?
New Contributor

so annoyed right now and i can see a lot of people are having the same issue.

it shouldnt be this difficult

New Contributor

What is Rim's phone number?

or can i email them to help me.

another poster said they spent 8 hours on the phone with a similar issue.  this should not be this difficult

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

There is no free method for you to contact RIM...by contract, everyone must first go through their mobile service provider (in your case Rogers). Yes, when you last contacted them, they were of no help. But that simply means that person you spoke to was of no help...they have other CSRs that hopefully are more properly trained and understand how/when to escalate cases up to RIM.

As I said above, you must choose one of those 2 options...either create a new BB ID and abandon all prior AppWorld purchase records, or convince an agent at Rogers to escalate you up to RIM. There is no other path. From your responses here, I cannot tell which path you have chosen, since you seem to be following both...but you need to choose one (based on your concern for AppWorld records), and then follow it.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................