Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: MTN NG

Re: forgot password to unlock keyboard

The desktop and Device were at the same time requesting for password and for every failed attempt from stage 6/10 they prompted Enter "blackberry" to continue, then Enter password. This continued upto when I stopped at 9/10.

I have since taken the final attempt with outcome that all datas in Contacts and Messages erased from device. Media files were unaffected. Other impacts are still being evaluated..

Presently, the device has been rebooted and contact data restored from backup copy. .

My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Telus

My father died, and i don't know his password, but yet, because it was a car accident, they want to be able to access it, and they think we know it. So hard lesson learned, eh?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I think the insurance company wants to know if your father was on the phone when the accident happened?

They do not need to access the device (it is a personal private vault after all). What they need is contact the phone carrier and ask them for official logs of phone calls on your father's phone line.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: at&t

Hi,

I forgot my password to unlock keyboard for blackberry 8310.I already use 9/10 attempts in this case if i try the last one software will reset and i will use everything.

Did you know a method to recover my password or address book before i rest entire software.

Thank you.

Guru I

There is no password recovery method known for BlackBerry devices.

Your only possible way to recover the adressbook is if you have already made a backup, or if you have asked AT&T to store your address book on their servers.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: 447710262472

What do you mean by the second way and how do you do it (if you haven't saved or synced files?)Reply A.S.A.P!!!

Guru I

hello milkshake1446,

if you haven't saved files, then read first sentence.