Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

free game download frozen at "starting download"

[ Edited ]

I was trying to download Ka-Glom and it froze while downloading.  When I go to My World, I can't delete it.  If I go to the game again to reinstall, the game doesn't give me an option to install again.  I contacted the game to see if they can reset but they said it is not their problem but with AppWorld.  How do I get this game off?  I have a Blackberry Curve 8310.  I just downloaded AppWorld last week.  I think that was everything you needed.  I DO NOT use my blackberry for business.

Please help!

Message Edited by Jonathan_K on 09-08-2009 07:39 PM
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: free game download frozen at "starting download"

i still need help.  still stuck on my world app.  can someone give me some assistance?

thanks,

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: free game download frozen at "starting download"

Hello,

another user has found a solution to this problem and posted it in these forums. The main idea is to clear the AppWorld cache :
1. Open App World
2. Go to My World
3 Clear the cache :
- For Storm & Pearl devices : show the keyboard, hold the num-lock ("!?123") button so it locks and then hit the three characters : 3 4 (
- For other devices: hold down the ALT key and press the three keys R S T
4. If your devie is locked after that, perform a battery pull reboot.
 Please tell us if this solves your issue.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: