Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: google maps keyboard

Hello

Just updated goggle maps to 4.4 on my Storm 9520 (latest version of OS used). The same problem exists, half screen keyboard, half map. When you go to move the map in any direction it goes the opposite direction . Disabling compatibility mode had no effect. Any other ideas.

Philip

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Philip_Erwin wrote:

Hello

Just updated goggle maps to 4.4 on my Storm 9520 (latest version of OS used). The same problem exists, half screen keyboard, half map. When you go to move the map in any direction it goes the opposite direction . Disabling compatibility mode had no effect. Any other ideas.

Philip

and can you switch the application to lanscape mode ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Hello, how are you.

"and can you switch the application to landscape mode ?"

i cannot find landscape mode anywhere on Google maps menu system. Or in the options/applications/Google maps section of the phone menu. So to answer 'No'

Unless i am missing something.

Thank you for your time

Philip

Guru I

for any application that allows lanscape mode and portrait mode, you only have to rotate our device to landscape and the application will change orientation.

if it does not, it means that :

• the application does not support landscape mode (not the case of Google Maps)
  • you have blocked switching orientation mode (using StormLock or QuickLaunch or another application)
  • you have configured the application to run in "compatibility mode" (in the options of the device)
  • your device has a problem of orientation

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Hello

Google maps will not rotate in to landscape mode, all other applications will go in to landscape mode.

I do not use Storm Lock or Quick Launch or any other app which will block Google Maps.

I have my Blackberry in non compatibility mode, in fact GM worked fine in compatibility mode before it updated.

Thank you for your time.

Guru I

Philip_Erwin wrote:

Hello

Google maps will not rotate in to landscape mode, all other applications will go in to landscape mode.

I do not use Storm Lock or Quick Launch or any other app which will block Google Maps.

I have my Blackberry in non compatibility mode, in fact GM worked fine in compatibility mode before it updated.

Thank you for your time.

go to the applications option screen, highlight Google Maps, activate compatibility mode, open google maps, close it, do a battery pull.

then do the same but this time de-activate the compatibility mode.

Then Google Maps should go to landscape mode.

Contributor

Hello

Smiley Happy

"go to the applications option screen, highlight Google Maps, activate compatibility mode, open google maps,"

Got that far and with the compatibility mode on it is going to landscape, so hopefully that is it sorted out.

Case closed (I hope).

Thank you.