Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

google sync

I just got the curve 8320 and I want to sync my google calendar to it.  I have downloaded google sync but whenever I try to run it it says login failed due to network problems.  I am connecting through a wifi server.  And I can load web pages just fine.  So why won't the sync work?  I also cannot use the gmail application on my phone, but this is not as big a problem since I have the email plan. 
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: google sync

stephylhp wrote:
I just got the curve 8320 and I want to sync my google calendar to it.  I have downloaded google sync but whenever I try to run it it says login failed due to network problems.  I am connecting through a wifi server.  And I can load web pages just fine.  So why won't the sync work?  I also cannot use the gmail application on my phone, but this is not as big a problem since I have the email plan. 

I've downloaded the Google sync for the calender last night.  I am still getting the same error message (failed).  I think the problem is with Google and not with our devices.  I deleted the email  program for Google, as you...I don't need it and don't want to use up system memory when I don't have to.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.