Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

green circle w/ wihte check on files now

This is how my files look once I plugged my phone up to my computer.  I want to make sure it is from my phone and not something else going on.  Made me a little nervous.  If it is from my phone...why are they there?  What are they supposed to let me know?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: green circle w/ wihte check on files now

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Congrats! I've never seen that before. Were the files on the BB?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I

Question
I noticed that some of my text type files have turned to nero media files, green circles with a white arrow in them.  I was trying to create a text file with a program and every time i create a new file it gives me the nero media (audio) file.  I have a ten year old son who is on the cpu alot, could he have changed a setting or something?  I'm confused. thanks for your time. ROB You have associated the files with NERO somehow.

It sounds like the file type association was reassigned to Nero.  This is a fairly easy thing to have happen as many times all it takes is to install a program and that program will reassign the association automatically.  The easiest way to correct this is to setup an automatic association.  The only problem with this is that automatic associations are not easy to manually remove or reassign once they have been done.  Also, it will still be possible for the installations to reassign the association again.

Since it is so difficult to remove the automatic association manually, you should make sure that you want this type of file to be a text file for good.  It will not mess up any programs that you have installed that depend of these types of files.  File associations are only relevant when the user tries to open them, programs already know how to open them.

If you would like to add an automatic association for this file type, then hold down the Ctrl and Shift keys and right-click on one of the files you are trying to reassign.  Select the "Open With" option (if the "Open With" option is a submenu, then select the "Choose Program..." option from that submenu).  If you get a pop up that tells you that Windows cannot open this file and then gives you to options to select from, choose the "Select the program from a list" option.  You should now be in an "Open With" dialog box.  Scroll down the list of Programs to "Wordpad" or "Notepad" (I prefer Wordpad, but either one should work).  Check the checkbox labeled "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and then click the OK button.  You should now be able to double-click on the file and have it open up in either WordPad or NotePad, depending on which one you chose.

Not a blackberry problem at all.

Please resolve the post, OK.

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I am curious, how do you know it's NERO ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

The files were not on the BB. I had never even plugged it to my computer.  The files are not associated with nero.  They all show the correct associations. I had my folder open and the second I plugged my phone in the appeared so I assumed it was a BB issue.  It is not every file when you go to other folders just the folder I had opened.  I am going to uninstall, do a system rollback on my computer and try it again.  It will be the third time though. The first time I saw these I did not realize they were from the BB and freaked out so I uninstalled two programs I had put on and did a roll back.  I only reinstalled the desktop software this time.  I iwll see what happens.
Contributor

[ Edited ]
I forgot to add I do not have Nero unless it is part of BB but I thought Roxio was. Also it is pdf, jpg, doc,  xls, db,zip, bak,lnf, lnb (which are design software), not just text files
Message Edited by msb3mom on 10-19-2008 07:49 AM
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

msb3mom wrote:
I had my folder open and the second I plugged my phone in the appeared so I assumed it was a BB issue.

the folder you are showing is a subfolder of your My Documents folder. It shows some folder called "laptop backup" or "cook" or "bank statements" so I think it has nothing to do with your Blackberry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I

Hi,

Some software, such as anti-malware software (e.g. AVG 8.x), updates itself automatically in the background without you seeing any messages about that - sometimes it does that while intitially loading Windows before the desktop screen appears, or shortly after it appears.

The only mentions I can find of many icons having a green circle with a white arrow is related to you using Firefox, and the Firebug feature in it. That green circle with a white arrow indicates the web site or file has been checked and has been found to be safe to use. A red circle with an X in it indicates whatever it is has been found to be NOT safe to use.

Do you use any of these programs?

Thanks 

Contributor

all my sub folders have it in them and my documents does too.  This was just the folder I had open.  Later I will try to figure it out and let you know.  I do not have firefox but IE7 which I am not crazy about. 
Guru I

Ok, thanks!