Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: smart

having problems with bb curve 9380 camera

hi,

I have been having a problem with my phone's camera. A line appeares where the usual docked menu is..sample pic

it only appears if i dont zoom in. and it varies in color.when im tryin to take a pic with lights all around it would appear black or reddish in color..anyone?help?is these a hardware problem and still covered by warranty?

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: having problems with bb curve 9380 camera

I think its a hardware issue with the camera.

I recommend taking it to the store for repair / replacement.

if you want to troubleshoot the software just in case, you can try a software reload:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

if you reload the software, please us blackberry protect if you haven't done so.  The link for it is in my signature.

My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: smart

Re: having problems with bb curve 9380 camera

thanks, ill try to review the warranty first..if i can get it fixed..thanks...but i still want to know what others think...just in case someone else thinks of something..