Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: t mobile

heeeeeeellllllpppp pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaasssseee lost sms icon torch 9860

hi peeps,

i have lost my sms icon and i have to search through my mesages icon to see if i have any text messages please can anyone shed some light on how to get my icon back as i cant send txts and i dont know if people are texting meSmiley Happy

please help me its driving me mad <3

thanks Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: heeeeeeellllllpppp pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaasssseee lost sms icon torch 9860

First, while on your homescreen press the menu key and select Show All Icons if it's an option.

If that doesn't do the trick, then plug your phone into your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  It's at www.blackberry.com/desktop if you don't have it installed on your PC.  Once your phone has been recognized, click Applications on the left panel.  You should be able to reload it from there.

Being a core application, you might not have the option to load it that way.  If that's the case, once your phone has been recognized, click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Pick the most recent restore point and proceed.  If you haven't done any backups and Restore is not an option, then click Update and when you're told your phone is up to date, click View Other Versions to reload the most recent OS, including your SMS icon.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.