Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9860
My Carrier: tim

help, Documents to go accidentally removed

Hi everyone,

Please i need help.

I have a Blackberry Torch 9860 with os 7. i accidentally removed Documents To Go and i really need it back, i can't find it in app world or anywhere else.. it is not indicated in the ereased apps list. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: help, Documents to go accidentally removed

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please use, via USB, the Desktop Software to reinstall the ToGo apps:

• KB14473 How to install an application on a BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Unfortunately it dosen't work. Docs to go does not appear in the app list. Not even if connected to my laptop with blackberry desktop running... It has disappeared... i try to search docs to go on the market but it says that it's not available for my device... Isn't there a way to rècover it? I can't belive that it has just gone....
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

[ Edited ]

When you use the above procedure, what is the very first line of things available for install/removal from your device? If it's not the core BBOS (which you actually cannot control the check box for...it is mandatory, but still needs to show on the list), then you'll need to do one more trick.

vivalitalia wrote:
i try to search docs to go on the market but it says that it's not available for my device.

I thought you said earlier that it did not show in AppWorld at all? Now you say this...did something change?

Please realize that I need to understand your situation clearly and completely...only then can I hope to provide you with useful help. And, I have only what you tell me here in this thread to go by...I have no other data sources of information about your situation. So I need for you to help me so that I can help you. Rest assured that hundreds of other people have found themselves in exactly this situation...and recovered from it...by calmly and clearly providing the necessary accurate information (so that recommendations can be useful to the situation).

Let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Ok. Sorry. I will explain myself. If i search docs to go on my smartphone , it does not apper. If i search it on the internet with my laptop, and than i scan the barcode with my phone camera , the app shows but with a message "not available for this device".
About the app list, i just see the few ones that i downloaded(whatsapp and few more...) . I can't see the core apps.
To make things clearer: i erased Docs to go on the apps list inside the settings panel, the one which shows running processes, ram usage and so on. My initial aim was to kill Docs to go because it stopped working properly and it was making the OS unstable.
Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

Thank you...that helps a great deal...

vivalitalia wrote:
If i search docs to go on my smartphone , it does not apper. If i search it on the internet with my laptop, and than i scan the barcode with my phone camera , the app shows but with a message "not available for this device".

This is normal. The on-device AppWorld automatically filters and only shows you apps that are compatible with your device. The internet based AppWorld will show you everything, not filtered for specific compatibility. Compatibility is a function of several factors, which you need to read about on the web-based catalog page (e.g., device model, OS level, carrier, country, etc.) to be 100% certain that you indeed are eligible for that specific version of the app. From what the on-device AppWorld is doing, I can only deduce that there is something in that compatibility section which you do not meet...and hence it is not available to you. But you need to carefully review that information.

vivalitalia wrote:

About the app list, i just see the few ones that i downloaded(whatsapp and few more...) . I can't see the core apps.

As I suspected...so now please determine your exact already-installed BB OS:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

And then proceed with this:

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any and all BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package that is presently already running on your BB:

4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now re-try the prior procedure...and you should now see more things in that list, and hopefully the ToGo app is also there available for you to install.

vivalitalia wrote:

To make things clearer: i erased Docs to go on the apps list inside the settings panel, the one which shows running processes, ram usage and so on. My initial aim was to kill Docs to go because it stopped working properly and it was making the OS unstable.

Hmmm...somehow though you actually totally removed the app then? Odd, but certainly possible... Beware though...if you've done nothing else other than to remove and (now) reload the app, then you may well expect the prior behavior to return. You may want to investigate more drastic measures, starting with ensuring that your OS itself is as up to date as it can be (and, as discussed above, you are not limited to only those OS packages provided by your specific carrier).

Good luck and let us know!

New Contributor

One last thing, my phone is not branded. where do i find the pure os version??

Hall of Famer III

There is no such thing as an unbranded BB -- regardless of what the screen ever displays (e.g,. the carrier "splash screen" is completely irrelevant), ALL BB's contain a VendorID code, which is hardcoded into the hardware at the time of manufacture, and indicates the specific carrier for which the BB was manufactured. When unlocked, the BB can be used on any compatible carriers network.

There are no "pure" OS versions anywhere...all OS's are released by the carriers, and the VENDOR.XML trick (step 4 in my post above) is how you use an OS package that comes from a carrier other than the one that matches the specific VendorID on your BB.

New Contributor

I can't see anywhere the correct version of the software i should download. Sorry but i am quite new to BB ....

Smartphone
BlackBerry® 9860 (3G, Wi-Fi)
7.0 Pacchetto 1465 (v7.0.0.296,  Piattaforma 5.0.0.496)
Bande 3G 1,4,8
Kernel crittografico v3.8.7.0
Versione: 1.0.91.707B
Configurazione Micro Edition: CLDC-1.1
Profilo Micro Edition: MIDP-2.1
Versione JTWI Micro Edition: 1.0
Versione multimediale Micro Edition: 1.1
Versione PIM Micro Edition: 1.0
Versione file Micro Edition: 1.0
Versione Bluetooth Micro Edition: 1.1
Versione posizione Micro Edition: 1.0.1
Versione (APDU) Micro Edition Security and Trust Services: 1.0
Versione WLAN: 4.4.0.165
www.blackberry.com
Copyright © 1997-2011
Research In Motion Limited.
Tutti i diritti riservati.

Hall of Famer III

vivalitalia wrote:

v7.0.0.296

That is the key...you need to search via the Download Portal for:

1. A carrier that supports the 9860
  2. Of those, one that has that exact version

You choose that by looking here, when you get into the Portal list for a carrier for your specific model (this one us just an example...it IS NOT what you need):

Capture.JPG

That "Applications" number is the one you are trying to match. Sorry, I can't point you to any specific carrier...there is no "master list" of the specific OS's that each carrier supports. It's a manual process of you digging through ALL of the carriers in the Download Portal until you find one that supports the 9860 AND also supports your specific OS level.

Be very careful, though...from all I can see, your BB is not natively supported by your carriers network. Hence, some very careful tricks must have been conducted to get it to originally work on their system...and if you do this wrongly, you will wipe out those tricks and perhaps render your BB useless on their network, until those tricks are done again. If you are at all unsure about this, then I recommend you do not try it but rather seek out a local (to you) qualified technician and pay them to help you through this. I'd hate to see you try this and render your BB useless on your carrier network...

Good luck!