Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Telkomsel

(help) error in my event log(ALT + LGLG)

hey,, im using blackberry 9320 on os 7.1.0.398

ive open my event log and find some error:

1. "net.rim.tcp -OPsx -7"
2. "E HomeScreen App New battery level"(battery persentage)
3. "E Facebook -BBRequest Error:
net.rim.device.api.io.ConnectionClosed
Exception: Stream closed"

i have reload the os and no solution,, the error still in my event log...

im using BIS full service.

please any one know how to fix this???

the number 1 error somehow makes my browser very slow / hard to connect.. and the number 3 error make me get an error:100 cant connect to fb sometimes.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Tri Indonesia

Re: (help) error in my event log(ALT + LGLG)

I'm experiencing the same error. I did everything. delete and install facebook again, doing a hard reset, clearing cache, even doing a complete os install, downgrade and upgrade, i even visit a 3store in my region.

the best thing i ever got is that, i downgrade my os to a bit lower version of os6, and try using the original facebook, it worked perfectly, but then i update facebook from appworld, this is where the problem began again.

I'm using OS6 curve 9300 on 3 indonesia network. the effects are, slow and even dead connection on native browser, unable to connect error 100 on facebook app, bad connection on native twitter. everything else running fine.

If i'm using opera mini for internet browsing, pages are loading fast. If i'm using Ubersocial, no error has occurred whatsoever.

please, does anyone knows how to fix this?
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey nezt94,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

The Error 100 issue in Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones that you're receiving means that you're missing the BlackBerry® Internet Browsing Service from your BlackBerry® data plan.  Contact your network service provider to get this service added.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Airtel

The above errors are as a result of "tunnel failed " exception. check the APN is properly defined on the phone according to the network carrier. also see if you are able to broswe through your native browser, the error is as a result of network connection error, check with service provider.

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Tri Indonesia

[ Edited ]

funny thing, i can browse using opera mini. and ubersocial is working fine.
I Have repeatedly refresh my service book but the error still exist.
even the customer service of my provider dont know how to fix this.
the service book seems fine and legit.

any chance if my device blocked by the blackberry server? So perhaps, the problem is not on my provider side?

Contributor

Hi Gabreil,

Thats indeed is confusing that if you service is working absolutely fine then the error seem an hardware or SW failure, though i am not sure either of which is in this case. Please perform a complete shut down, take the battery out then sim card hold on for at least 30 sec then re-insert sim card and battery let it re-boot and see if that helps.

And as far as your device being blocked by BB server you wouldnot be able to use internet at all(though i dont know the levels of security RIM has on their server) your service provider has bought RIM services from their servers and then sold to its customer as DATA PLAN, if blackberry has to block your device there is no way you service provider can give you internet service because even they have to go through the RIM servers.

What seems right to me at this point is a complete shut down and things might change, if not please take it your nearest BB service center for investigation and resolution Smiley Happy

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello gabrielfermy,

I think you did not got the point what ViciousFerret Pointed at .

_________________________________________________________________________________________

gabrielfermy wrote :

.funny thing, i can browse using opera mini. and ubersocial is working fine

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes gabrielfermy you can browse through opera mini and ubersocial but to access Blackberry apps. like

Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones, BBM , IM , Social feed etc you need specific BlackBerry®  Data Plan. To

Make sure on you uppercase near the signal bar what are you getting - GSM / GPRS / edge / EDGE / ? Also on

Your Home screen Go to Manage connection  > Service Status > there  you can see blackberry Internet Service and Blackberry Enterprise Server what you can see  is it connected ? 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

gabrielfermy wrote : 

any chance if my device blocked by the blackberry server?

No gabrielfermy I don't think Blackberry server Blocked  your device unless your device is blacklisted.

Abhijitbiswas wrote :

And as far as your device being blocked by BB server you wouldnot be able to use internet at all(though i dont know the levels of security RIM has on their server) your service provider has bought RIM services from their servers and then sold to its customer as DATA PLAN, if blackberry has to block your device there is no way you service provider can give you internet service because even they have to go through the RIM servers.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Normal Intenet service are provided by the Carrier and not by RIM server, Although without having BIS or BES 

you can enjoy your native browser or opera mini etc. RIM does not control that but controls only Blackberry's Apps.

It is only up to you that  what you choose. You can enjoy your Blackberry device with or without  BlackBerry® Data 

Plans only difference is that without it you cannot use BlackBerry®  Apps. That's all

I don't think there is any  software or Hardware problem except a specific blackberry data plan.

Good Luck

Prince 2012

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

This post explains a lot, and to be honest I have learned something. As per the conversation with airtel BB care I thought you cannot use normal internet from service provider, any ways, Prince if you can tell me is there any specific pack I have recharge with or can do with our any internet pack?
Contributor

And is there any special settings that I need to set before using the normal internet, well I one more question, does whatsapp work on normal internet or data plan is must for all BB and non-BB apps?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

Hello!

Please see this generic information:

However, with hundreds of carriers in the world, each with dozens of different data plans, it's impossible to tell you specifically what any service plan might actually provide. Only the carriers can answer that question. The best thing to do is to decide what services you desire, and then talk to your carrier about obtaining (from them) a data plan that enables what you desire.

Many apps have, inside of them, configuration items allowing you to specify the data path that the app will use. For users with proper BIS plans, the best setting inside of their apps is BIS...that way, it will follow the physical path that BIS uses as it shifts between carrier data network and WiFi. But, to forbid an app from using BIS and directing it to a specific path (e.g., WiFi only), the app must include such a setting within the app itself...I do not recall if WhatsApp contains such a setting or not.

Some apps will not work without a proper BIS plan at all...usually those apps developed and delivered by RIM themselves. Unfortunately, the requirements are always changing, so it's impossible to give a precise answer.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................