Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 8330

help getting media manager installed (it never shows up!)

I did search the forum (and tried previous tips) before posting... but nothing has worked. I got a new 8330 Curve last week and installed the desktop software Sprint provided. The version they gave me was outdated and did not have the media manager, so I uninstalled and downloaded 4.5 (with media manager) from the blackberry site in both multi-language and english formats (varying, during separate tries) and every time I still do not get the dang media manager. I see the png icon file in the program folder but that's about it. It never shows up as an option in my desktop manager..... I also followed the blackberry uninstall instructions (totally deleted registry stuff, etc) and still, no dice. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong and/or if there's a certain release that is more likely to work?

I am on Windows XP SP3, if that matters.

Thanks in advance!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: help getting media manager installed (it never shows up!)

Have you tried downloading an older version than 4.5? I hate to go backwards, but maybe there is a compatibility issue with your PC, device, the full moon etc. Smiley Happy

It may be worth a try!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: 8830 WORLD EDITION

Hi, I have an 8130 Pearl, I am also running Windows XP SP3 and I had similar problems. I used the "remove programs" from Windows, rebooted,  re-installed Desktop manager 4.6, multilingual. To no avail.  I tried "Repair / Modify", to no avail.  I removed Desktop Manager 4.6 once again, rebooted,  and re-insalled, again, to no avail.  Still no Roxio Media Manager. I tried once again, re-installed, rebooted, ran through Repair/Modify and lo and behold, it installed!! It's like an old Harley I once owned, it used to do weird things.  But, when it worked, it was fantastic!!  So, the only solution I can offer is to remove Media Manager, re-install, reboot, retry, repair,retry, remove, reboot, re-install, reboot, retry. until it works. Isn't technology great!!  But, my BlackBerry Pearl 8130 and Media Manager are great ( like the Harley was).  Best of Luck.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

It is definitely worth following this link when changing version of the DM. This makes sure your un-installed cleanly.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter